29 - vistor

✧✧

✧✧

"Del honey there is someone at the door for you." I hear my mom's voice shout through the floor, startling me so much that I drop the book I was holding in my hands.

"I'll be right there in a second, just let them in!" I let my voice travel down the staircase as I pull on a crewneck and fight with some jean shorts. After a few failed attempts to zip them up I eventually give up, sighing as I open the door to my bedroom to see hazel eyes reflecting into my own.

"Oh." I sigh, trying not to let the disappointment show in my facial features as I open the door a little further, letting him in.

"Sorry to disappoint, I know I'm not the person you wanted to see. I tried I really did, but.." John B's voice drifts off as his gaze shifts down to my unbuttoned jeans.

"Having a little trouble?" he raises his eyebrows and I can tell he holding in his laughter. "hey don't laugh, I tried really hard to make them fit, they just wouldn't budge. Nothing does anymore and It's so fucking hot outside that I don't know what to do man. I going to die of heat salmonella or something like that." I flop onto the bed, letting out a deep sigh as John b lets his laughter go rampant.

"I think you mean heat poisoning, but carry on. I wanna see how this unfolds Covey."

"John b stop it, I'm really struggling. I pushed Sarah away because I was scared she was gonna leave like he did, and they she ended up leaving anyway. I haven't heard from her since yesterday morning and I'm honestly kind of worried. She's never been radio silent this long other than the time she hid from Charlotte and I when we were 8 and I stole the last chocolate chip cookie that my mom made."

John b then avoids my eyes, turning toward the window and I can tell he's trying to suppress a smile. "What did you do...?"

"We may have um.. stranded her and Kie out on a boat all night last night." I blink a few times, trying to process the sentence that just came out of his mouth before I pick up the nearest object that I can find. Unfortunately for him it was the book I dropped a few minutes prior.

"What the hell John B!" I chuck the book in his direction, hitting him square in the chest. "Why the fuck did you just throw.." he pauses, picking up the book and turning it over, "A Very Large Expanse of Sea at me? What the fuck is this even about, and why is it so heavy?"

"For your information," I reach forward, yanking the book out of his hand and setting it gently in my bookshelf, "I don't know yet, I haven't had the chance to start it and I have no clue why weighs as much as it does. Why is the sky blue? We may never know?"

"Okay I did not come here to be lectured by a pregnant teenager okay! I came to ask for your help." my right eyebrow raises slightly as I pull out the chair from underneath my vanity, plopping down in it, anything but gracefully. "If this is your way of asking me if I'll be the moderator between Kiara and Sarah that is a shitty way to ask."

"No it's not about that, it's actually about the gold. We found out where it is and we need your help to get it." I sit still for a second. He did not just utter those words right. I'm imagining things. Yeah, I'm in a hypnotic state. " You're messing with me right? I mean it's quite an asshole move but still. you have to be shitting with me. There is no way the gold is actually real."

"It's as real as you and me, I swear. The map led us to Tanney plantation, more specifically...the Crain house." his whispers the last bit, his voice shaking from what I assume is anxiety of how I'm going to react to this. As he should.

"Please tell me you're not talking about crazy, axe wheelding Mrs. Crain..." I shoot him a look and earn his expression doesn't change I have my answer. "Oh hell no. That my friend is the definition of a suicide mission. I've heard stories," I widen my eyes in effect to let my words sink in but John b doesn't seem to be bothered by them. "It didn't stop us last time."

"Okay thats it! No more unsupervised, spontaneous, life threatening adventures, YOU HEAR ME JOHN BOOKER ROUTLEDGE!"

His hands jolt up towards his face in defense, his face scrunching up with fear. "itsnotasbadasitseems we... just may have.. uh we may have to break into her basement because that's where it's buried."

"So this is what you guys do when I'm not around, illegal shit. Real smart, Routledge, real smart." The sarcasm is palpable in my voice as I get up from my chair and turn to face him, my arms folding over each other. "Okay I'm in, just as long as JJ doesn't bother me, one word and I'm out okay?"

He nods his head, "Understood, now quick grab some clothes and let's go, the others are waiting for us back at the chateau." I quick open my closet door, grabbing a black hoodie, some joggers and a black beanie before we both head out my bedroom door. I glance at him quickly, trying to read what his expression is as he follows my figure down the stairs.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" his gaze immediately falters, falling down to his socked feet as we descend the staircase. "Oh nothing, sorry," he fumbles his words and I open my mouth to interrogate hime more but my mother beats me to it.

"Hey looks like you two finally made it down the stairs, Delilah can I speak to you for a minute honey." Her words depict something completely different as her eyes do. Her words seemingly provoke nothing out of the ordinary but her eyes, her eyes are of a sort of pleading, like something is wrong.

I glance back at John b and he nods for a second before pointing to the front door and I nod and he steps out of our house, leaving my mother and I alone. "What's wrong mom?"

"You're father is expecting you home for dinner tonight and I think you should tell him." I stand there for a second in shock, unable to move. "I'm sorry, what? I am not telling him about the baby mother. There is no guarantee that he won't put me or this child in danger if I do tell him. why would you even think that it would be a good idea?" In a state of fury a glass that is on the counter connects with my hand, knocking it onto the floor and spilling all of the marble.

She shakes her head before grabbing a dish towel, starting to mop up the liquid off of the tile floor. "He is going have to find out somehow, why not tonight while we are having a nice family dinner?"

"Mom you can't be actually serious, that is a horrible idea. I am not doing that and I hope you don't either, now I must be leaving to go help John B with something so maybe this time that you'll have by yourself will spark some common sense into your brain. I am not telling him shit until he stops acting like he been the past year. I don't derisive it and neither do you. So we'll continue this conversation when there aren't things clouding you judgement." with that I grab my keys from the counter and head out the door, not allowing myself to hear the words that she shouts after me as I exit the house.

"Hey are you okay, that seemed a little heated back there?" John B asks as I step inside the car and I nod, masking my face with a mediocre smile. "Yeah let's just go get us some gold so we can get the hell out of this hellhole."

✧✧
Hey guys sorry it's been so long
since I last updated I
know a lot of you've been
anticipating this update
so here it is.
And I promise next chapter
will be a lot more action
packed than this chapter
and I promise we won't have to
deal with depressed Del too
much more within the story.
JJ and her will get a happy ending
I promise you it's just
coming not in the present.
I hope you guys had a
really good Christmas
and I hope to see you guys
in the next update and
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.