A Wild Goose Chase (IwaOi)

Oikawa Tooru was a name everyone who knew the Seijoh Yakuza feared. They all knew how merciless he is and making the wrong move in his territory meant walking right into death's door. Even the police couldn't do anything about them. Sometimes, a few members of Seijoh would slip up and be caught, but Oikawa was able to bail them out, no matter the offense. Though Seijoh had fun running around doing whatever they wanted with the protection of Oikawa's name, their kumicho found it boring.

Oikawa was tapping his fingers on his desk as he reads the reports handed to him by Matsukawa. It was another one of those successful seizings of new territory, and Oikawa found it boring. Their territory has been expanding non-stop, and it should be something that makes him happy, but he was too bored to rejoice about having a new territory. He wanted to have fun. Being a kumicho made him miss the fun of doing jobs. He missed being caught in a crossfire, driving around the streets of Miyagi with the police on his tail, but what he missed the most was the adrenaline of almost dying. He loved how his blood felt hot as he runs away from people shooting him, but he knew that was far from happening, not while he's still the kumicho.

He was reminiscing about when he was almost caught and thrown to jail when the door to his office burst open. He raised his head and saw Matsukawa walking in with a scowl on his face. Oikawa hasn't seen that expression on his face for almost a year. Matsukawa always had a stoic expression, so it piqued Oikawa's interest when he came in with a scowl.

"My, my, my, Issei, look at you bursting through your kumicho's door with a scowl on your face. Have you lost all respect for me?" Oikawa teased, his cheek propped on his palm as he watches Matsukawa plop himself on the matte black couch.

"Shut up," Matsukawa said. He was panting, and it intrigued Oikawa even more.

"What happened?" Oikawa asked. He wasn't patient enough to wait for Matsukawa to explain himself. It's a rare sight to see Matsukawa looking ragged, and it made Oikawa feel like something fun was about to happen.

"I was caught in a crossfire with the police while doing an errand," Matsukawa answered, his head was thrown back as he stares at the ceiling. He was trying to calm his breathing, but he was too tired to do so.

"A crossfire?" Oikawa asked and leaned on his swivel chair. "Since when did the police have the courage to engage in a crossfire with Seijoh?"

Matsukawa turned to him and pulled out a folder that was hidden in his suit, "they have a new NPA Commissioner General,"

Oikawa hummed and stood up to take the folder Matsukawa held in his hand, "did you get shot?"

Matsukawa groaned, and it was enough for Oikawa to understand, "Go get yourself treated, Hanamaki's in the building, did any bullet sink in?"

"No, just a few graze. It's not enough to make me lose a ton of blood," Matsukawa answered and stood up to go look for Hanamaki.

Oikawa's lips tugged into a smile as he says, "should I be surprised that you're able to get this despite being caught in a crossfire?"

"I'm your best. Did you honestly think a few grazes would stop me?" Matsukawa asked. Oikawa laughed and nodded before letting Matsukawa walk away.

Oikawa ran through the files that Matsukawa had given him. He had always wondered why his people were getting caught and killed in the past three days. It wasn't at an alarming rate, but Oikawa didn't like the idea of having the members of Seijoh getting captured and left bleeding on the streets. It was hurting his pride, and he didn't like it. So, he sent Matsukawa to check on police activities.

"Iwaizumi Hajime," Oikawa whispered as his lips quirk into a smile. "This should be fun,"

The following days, Oikawa was cooped up in his office as he thinks of a reason to meddle with the authorities, and just as when he was ready to get his hands dirty, an opportunity had presented itself to him.