xxvii.

Harry and Louis stumbled through the front door of the flat, shivering from the cold. They'd stood outside and let the snow fall around them as they confessed their love and held each other. By the time they'd made it back to Louis' flat, the snow was falling down like thick cotton, and the temperature had dropped substantially.
As soon as the door was locked behind them, Louis had Harry's back pressed to the door and his cold lips against all visible skin. He unzipped Harry's jacket and his own, shrugging them off and tossing them to the floor without breaking their lips apart. Harry gasped when Louis slipped his hands under his jumper to warm them against his stomach. They kissed against the door, Harry slipping his own hands under Louis' jumper and pulling it over his head. He moved his lips from Louis', along his jaw and down his neck to his chest.
Louis gasped and curled his fingers into Harry's hair as he let his tongue run along his scorching skin. Harry pulled Louis tight against him and guided them towards the couch. They hadn't bothered turning the lights on, and fumbled over buttons and zippers in the dark as they undressed. The darkness had a faint blue glow to it from the streetlamps shining on the snow falling outside. They whispered soft words and desires over each other's skin and Louis pulled the knit blanket off the back of the couch to cover their naked bodies. The silence in the flat was broken by muffled gasps and moans as they touched, as they kissed and held and admired and made love under the wool knit throw.
Heavy breathing and soft genuine laughter that rang like shiny chimes or jingle bells settled the heat they'd created. Harry held Louis' sweaty body against his own and pressed kiss after kiss to his nose and cheeks and lips.

"I love... I love... I love you." he whispered between the presses of his lips.

Louis sighed and giggled into his neck as he said it back as many times. Every single one feeling brand new on his tongue.

"I love... I love.. I love you."

They laid together in the stillness. The flat now silent and warm. Harry had leaned up against the arm of the couch and brought Louis to rest against his chest, brushing his fingers through his soft, sweat and snow damp hair. The silence was beautiful, and neither of them dared to break it.
Harry's watch beeped once. Midnight.
Louis sat up and let his feet touch the cool wood floor. He stood, holding Harry's hand until he stepped too far away, watching with a smile as Harry climbed off the couch after him. Louis walked through the living room, he could feel Harry's eyes on his bum and he grinned to himself. Louis let out a surprised gasp when he felt Harry's arms embrace him from behind, wrapping the blanket around them both.

"What are you doing, my love?" Harry whispered in his ear.

Louis shivered at the softness of his breath. "I want to watch the snow fall with you."

Harry smiled and brushed his nose against Louis' cheek. "Alright."

He kept his arms around Louis' waist, keeping them warm with the blanket, and guided them towards the window. Harry laid the blanket out on the wood floor and sat down, pulling Louis with him. They sat holding each other in front of the window, watching the snow fall heavy in the wee hours of the morning.

"Do you want to sleep out here?" Harry asked quietly. "We can get more blankets."

"Okay." Louis nodded. "I'd like that."

"Stay here." Harry kissed Louis' forehead and stood up.
He walked naked through the flat, to the bedroom. Harry grabbed pants and their coziest jumpers, pulling on his own, and then grabbed the quilt and two pillows before returning to Louis in the living room.

"Christmas bed!" Harry declared quietly.

Louis laughed and took his pants and jumper from Harry's grasp. "What's Christmas bed?"