xxx.

On 5th January, Harry found himself standing at the front door of Louis' flat with his suitcase by his feet.
Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's waist and kissed him softly.

"Never going to get used to letting you go." He sighed wistfully.

Harry brushed his fringe off his forehead and kissed the tip of his nose. "And I'll never get used to leaving. But I'll always come back."

Louis smiled, comforted. "I know you will."

"I love you."

"I love you too. See you sometime in the spring?"

"Of course. I don't think I'll be able to come again for my birthday... but I could probably make it out again in April?"

Louis frowned and tilted his head. "I wish I could come to London for your birthday. I'll be teaching..."

"It's alright, love." Harry kissed him again.
He looked at his watch when he pulled back from Louis' lips. "I should probably go."

"Alright." Louis agreed begrudgingly. "One day I'm just going to keep you here."

Harry laughed and pulled Louis tight against his chest. "Promise?"

"Promise." Louis grinned and placed another quick kiss to Harry's lips before turning the door knob. "Alright. Don't miss your flight now."

"One more kiss?" Harry widened his eyes and leaned in.

Louis scrunched his nose and stood on his toes to meet him halfway. "Always one more."

"I love you, Louis."

"I love you too. Hurry back to me, yeah?"

"I will." Harry promised.
He picked up his bag and kissed Louis on the cheek one last time before starting down the hall. He waved as he turned the corner to the stairs and headed down.

☾ ◯ ☽

Harry returned to work the morning of 7th January. He rubbed his eye with the palm of his hand, his other held a large coffee as he stepped out of the lift and into the hallway. He nudged open the door to his office, greeted by the early morning sun shining through the large window. He smiled and sat down at his desk, leaving his messenger bag at his feet and sipping his coffee as he looked over the papers and mail on his desk.
The little red light on his answering machine blinked and he sipped the last half of his coffee as he listened to handful of mostly pointless voicemails. The machine beeped again and the last message began to play.
Harry nearly dropped the last of his coffee as the message finished. He pressed the pound button and listened to it again. Harry stood from his desk, accidentally knocking the rolling chair into the wall. He paced back and forth in the small space, feeling a thorough mix of excitement and nervous anxiety. He sat back down and pulled open the middle drawer of his file box, looking for the file labeled 'L. William'.

Harry kept his office door open all morning, and a little after 11:00, he finally heard his boss exit the lift and go into his own office down the hall. Harry sat in his office for another ten minutes, replaying the voicemail and writing it down word for word. He finally stood up and grabbed the file and his notes. He rubbed his sweaty palms on his trousers and walked down the hall.

"Come in." Mr. Oliver called after Harry knocked.

He stepped in and shut the door behind him before going to sit at the chair in front of his boss' desk.

"Harry." Mr. Oliver smiled at him and pulled his glasses off, setting them on the desk.
"Good to see you again. Have a nice holiday?"

"I did." Harry nodded enthusiastically, thinking about his time with Louis.
"Great actually. And you?"