Cinco ~ 5

A week has gone by since the encounter at Muddy's coffee shop and that manila folder is collecting dust on my dining table. I've kept my head down at work, trying to focus on everything else, but that damn folder keeps coaxing me like some hooker in Las Vegas.

Music is blaring throughout the gym with a cloud of humidity following me as I pace in front of a small group of clients. I give them affirmations of how well they're doing and coerce them to push harder when they're about to give up. Yet even with my head in the game, my eyes keep wandering across the facility to Mindy. She's doing squats with kettlebells and fuck me, her spandex looks painted on. It was a mistake encouraging her to sign up at my gym because every time she's here, I have to fight the monster growing in my pants.

When she sets the kettlebells down, she catches my gaze in the mirror, so I wave because hell no am I ashamed for staring at a beautiful creature like her.

"Alright, everyone." I clap. "Finish up the set you're on and then we'll foam-roll so your muscles aren't achy later."

The class gives a collective sigh of relief. I worked them hard today, and I'm ready for them to go just as much as they're ready to leave. Thankfully, I don't have any thirst traps lingering for my attention today. There's always that one who wants to flirt as if it'll encourage free sessions out of me. Big nope. I've got bills to pay.

After they disperse, I walk over to Mindy and she's beautiful with her thick dark hair in a messy bun and her hazel eyes rimmed in last night's makeup. Sweat is misting that creamy brown skin of hers and if I was any more of an animal I'd lick it off her. Especially because I still need to get laid. However, she's a shy woman. Classy. So, I don't think she'd be into me licking her unless it was betwe-

Ok, I seriously need to stop before I get all worked up.

"Hey." She smiles, enhancing that dimple on her left cheek.

"Your form is looking great! But if there's one critique..." I narrow my eyes playfully. "You started rounding your back during your deadlifts. Remember the hoochie stance: back straight, butt perky, chest out."

Mindy giggles and it's a sound that wedges my heart with an ache. If I wasn't such a mess I'd sweep her off her feet. She deserves to be treated like a queen, but I'm no good for her.

"I'm so not a hoochie." She crinkles her nose.

No, you are definitely not, Mindy Arora. "Try a deadlift again so I can correct your form."

"I was thinking of signing up for those classes you teach. I feel so lost doing this on my own," she says, bending for the kettlebells.

"No way."

"No?" She crooks her brows.

"I'd never charge you for a session. I'm more than happy to do one-on-ones with you."

"Oh, gosh." She drops her gaze and her cheeks warm in color. "I'd feel as if I'm taking advantage."

"Never. I enjoy training people. It's even better when it's a friend. So I tell you what, I'll look at my schedule and move some things around so we can do one-on-ones three times a week. Sound good?" I say as I pull up the calendar on my phone.

"Are you sure? Because I don't want to burden you."

"Mins..." I squeeze her shoulder. "It's fine. I want to."

"Ok, so how about Monday, Wednesday, and Friday? I'm done with work at three-thirty and I can be here by four. Do you think that'll work?"

No. It won't work because I have a one-on-one training session with Mrs. Clemons at that time and she's rich as hell, so I need to keep her happy. However, I'd do anything for Mindy-even grapple with a grizzly bear if necessary.