what's the teaaaa

hi guys :) this chapter has some ideas from After, a novel by Anna Todd and a movie on Netflix :)

The next morning, Sirius woke up before Remus and Peter, and he noticed James wasn't in their room. In fact, Sirius didn't remember hearing James come in to their room at all last night.

He walked over to Elle's room, and her door was closed. He turned the knob, not at all expecting to see what he saw.

James and Elle laying in her bed. Elle was wearing James' Quidditch jersey, and James was shirtless. James had his arms wrapped around Elle, and they were both asleep.

Sirius' eyes widened. "Oh my God!"

James and Elle woke up at the yell, and they spotted Sirius in the doorway.

"Sirius, what are you doing here?" James groaned, sitting up.

"Moony! Wormtail!" Sirius shouted, running back towards James' room. "James and Elle shagged!"

"What?" Remus asked in a groggy voice.

James groaned and fell back on the bed. He turned to Elle, who was looking back at him with a smile on her face.

"James and Elle shagged! James and Elle shagged!" Sirius yelled, running around the house.

James laughed and rolled his eyes. He stood up and put on a pair of sweatpants before leaving the room and chasing after Sirius.

Elle got dressed, keeping James' jersey on but putting a bra on underneath. She pulled on a pair of James' sweatpants, which did not fit her at all, but she didn't care.

She walked out of the room just as Sirius ran by the door, James on his heels.

James noticed she was wearing his jersey and sweatpants, and he smiled as he ran by. "You look beautiful!"

-

It was soon time to go back to Hogwarts for sixth year. Everyone was ecstatic to go back, but no one was prepared for the year to come.

-

"Ellie!" Lily's voice called as soon as Elle stepped off the train at Hogsmeade Station.

Lily and Marlene soon appeared next to Elle, and they both wrapped her in hugs before dragging her away from Remus, James, Sirius, and Peter.

"How was your summer?" Lily asked while the three girls walked to the carriages.

"It was okay," Elle shrugged. "The only good part was when I stayed at the Potter's in August. The rest was pretty shitty."

The three girls chatted about their summers during the carriage ride. Meanwhile, James was in a carriage with the rest of the Marauders, having a conversation he had dreaded for ages.

"James, you have to tell her," Remus said. "You don't want her to find out another way. That would be even worse. Just tell her."

"I can't, Moony!" James exclaimed. "It would ruin everything. And things are different now. That happened before... well before everything!"

"James, she deserves to know," Sirius said.

Guilt coursed through James' veins, because he knew they were right. He had to tell her.

-

"Ellie?" James asked a few days into term. "I realize that we haven't had much time alone, or really gone on any dates. So, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a picnic at the Quidditch pitch tomorrow night?"

A smile grew on Elle's face. "I'd absolutely love to."

The next evening at sunset, Elle and James met in the common room and began walking down to the Quidditch Pitch. It was warm out, and the sun was just beginning to set.

James led her down to the hill beside the pitch, where there was a red Gryffindor blanket and a straw basket.

"It's not much," James said. "I'm not very good at the whole romance thing."

Elle laughed as the two of them sat down on the blanket. "It's absolutely perfect, Prongsie. I love it."

The two of them sat watching the sunset and eating food and talking. About an hour into their picnic, it was getting dark and it began to rain.

"It's raining!" Elle said excitedly, standing up. "Come on, James!"

James stood up, taking Elle's hand and running down the hill to pitch with her. The two of them ran and danced in the rain until they were absolutely soaked.

"I'm so in love with you," Elle said, pulling James into a hug.

"I'm more in love with you," James protested, smiling down at her. "I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for you."

James and Elle ended up heading back to the common room at around ten. The two of them were still completely soaked as they sat down with Remus, Sirius, and Peter.

Remus looked at James, mouthing, "Did you tell her?"

James sighed and shook his head, and Remus rolled his eyes.

"Hey Carter!" a girl named Vanessa shouted from across the room. "Come here. I have something you might wanna hear."

Elle shrugged and stood up, walking over to Vanessa, who was holding a tape in her hand.

James knew exactly what that tape was. He stood up quickly, walking over to Vanessa. "Wait, don't-"

"James, she deserves to know," Vanessa said, and Elle's stomach dropped.

"What do I deserve to know?" she asked worriedly.

Vanessa sighed. "This was in fourth year." She clicked play on the tape, and Elle heard James' voice.

"I bet I can make it happen."

"Make what happen, Prongs?" Sirius' voice asked.

"Here's a dare," James began. "Make her fall in love with me and then fuck her. And then, I can just turn it off."

Everyone in the common room had heard that, and now were completely silent. Remus, Sirius, and Peter had made their way over to Elle, James, and Vanesa.

Elle couldn't breathe. She couldn't fathom what she had just heard.

"Elle," James pleaded, tears forming in his eyes. "Ellie, please. That was before everything. Before I got to know you. Before I actually fell in love with you. I was an idiot in fourth year, Ellie."

"It was all a game," Elle said, tears streaming down her face. She turned to Remus, Sirius, and Peter, who were visibly uncomfortable. "And all of you knew?"

When none of them answered, Elle burst into more tears. "All of you knew. And you never fucking thought to tell me?"

"Ellie, please," James choked out. "Ellie, I love you. Please don't go. It wasn't a game. I really love you. That was fourth year, before everything."

Elle shook her head. "I should've known." She turned around, walking up the stairs and into her dorm.