Side story: Father and Son Time

"I'm home!"

A shout and the sound of the door could be heard. I stopped watching the television and ran to the front door, greeting the person who just arrived with a smile.

"Welcome home, dad."

"Hey, son. Whatcha doin?" He asked while loosening his necktie and taking off his suit.

"Watching TV. Nothing special." I took his suit and hung it on the coat rack while he started to take off his shoes. "How's your day?"

He sighed. "Tiring. There was so much work today. Haven't felt exploited like this since the first day I started to work." He complained a little before patting my head with a slight smile. "Thanks, son."

"You're welcome."

I watched him walk to his room sluggishly while dropping his shoulders. Poor guy, he must have been exhausted from overwork. If only there was something that I could do.

...

I thought for a moment before smiling. Maybe this was a good time to try my secret technique that I practiced this whole week.

I continued watching the TV while waiting for him. Not long after he came out in a casual t-shirt and short pants, and sat beside me on the living room couch.

"You're alone?"

"Yes. Mom went shopping a few hours ago. She should arrive soon."

"I see." He glanced at the TV. "What did you watch?"

"Nothing specific. Just some news."

In the news, there was a two years death anniversary of a politician that was being held in the town square. There were a lot of people who participated in this event.

"Harrison James, huh?" He brushed his chin while watching the news. "It's been two years since his death. Quite unfortunate how a good guy like him had to pass away at a young age."

"You know him?"

"Of course. Who didn't know him? He was a well-known politician that—I can confidently say—was better than the others." He then shook his head and sighed. "Too bad he was diagnosed with a terminal illness. Thirty years is still too young to end a career."

I was not from this world, so I never put any thought into political affairs in this state. But since I already lived here I should learn about some common affairs in this world, or—at least—this country.

"By the way, why do you watch something like this? You don't need to hide it if you watch any cartoons, you know."

"Dad, I'm not a kid anymore. Stop treating me like one."

"It's not just kids who watch cartoons. I have a coworker who likes to talk about this Japanese cartoon a lot in their free time."

"Dad, that's not a cartoon. You can make someone angry if you call it that."

"True. He also insisted on the same thing as you. I can't understand what the difference is."

"Well, maybe we can watch it together sometimes. That way you can learn the difference."

"Well, if you want to."

In my previous world, I didn't watch those so-called 'Japanese cartoons', but I played a lot of visual novels in my free time. Of course, those visual novels were all related to furries. There was not a lot of media that portrayed furries as good as visual novels.

But now, here, everything was portrayed as furries. Well, what do you expect from the world inhabited by furries? Of course, now there were a ton of visual novels that I hadn't heard about here. But since I can have the real thing, why should I bother with fiction?