Chapter 22(Incomplete)

Two figures, a man and a woman were present in a dim room. The man was busy using a computer, while the woman was observing the man. The only lighting in the room was the light that emitted from the computer screen, giving an eerie atmosphere. There was no one else besides them in that mysterious room.

They didn't say anything to each other, making the room quiet. Only the sound of the keyboard typing from the man could be heard there. His fingers moved at a fast speed while his eyes focused on the screen. Numbers and codes kept appearing and disappearing, creating a forest of numeric alphabet that moved nonstop. Notifications kept ringing on the phone that was connected to the computer. He looked like he knew exactly what he was doing.

The man was quite young. No, rather than a man, he should be called a boy. He was as young as a high schooler, yet right now the woman couldn't see him as one in this situation. The demeanor that he showed right now somehow made him look much older.

The woman folded her arms behind him as she was still observing him. She didn't show it, but she felt quite nervous. She could feel cold sweat on her body as he kept observing the boy. What made her nervous was not just because of the skill that the teenager showed in front of her, but rather his temperament. Unlike a few minutes ago where he was laughing and messing around like a kid his age, right now, he was dead silent while making an unusual scary expression. Although he didn't show any emotion in his face at glance, it was not quite visible, but there was an anger within it, a kind of anger that wasn't supposed to be had by kids his age.

She knew that it was best to not interrupt him, especially when she was the one who made him like that in the first place. What she could do right now is just wait in silence.

"I already did what you asked." As the boy finally finished, he cracked his fingers and loosened his shoulders. "You can see the data in the file that I added in your drive. Although the security was rather tight, you can rest assured that nothing has leaked on the other party."

He turned his body in the office chair, facing the woman. "Now, since I am already done doing what you requested, can I ask you something, Lily, no," He shook his head and stared directly into her eyes. "Sarah."

It was the first time he called her by her real name. Although she knew that the boy already knew her identity long ago, she couldn't help but feel exposed by the way he said it. It was strange. Somehow, the teenager in front of her was like a different person from before. His blue eyes right now were like ice that pierce through her.

She wanted to laugh at herself for feeling that way. It seemed that she had underestimated the person in front of her quite a lot.

"Sure. Ask me what you want." Sarah leaned her hand on the table behind her. She still maintained her smile, even though it was a smile of acknowledged defeat. "As long as this big sister can answer it."

"Then please tell me." Kevin rested his head on his hands that were locked with each other. His composure was still maintained, but there was pressure in every sentence he spoke. "What is your purpose in making me see this?"

***