Chapter 6: The Young Master of a Wealthy Family

A few days later, at the Petterson residence.

"Come on, just a little more..."

A sound of racing cars could be heard as Bronte played with the controller in his hands. His gaze was directed to the big screen as he was in a state of high concentration.

Previously, he wanted to spend his weekend playing an online racing game on his PlayStation. It was his routine to keep check of the leaderboard. He had already secured first place for a week in a row, and he didn't want to miss anything.

But for some reason today was different. There was someone who actually managed to break his record, and that someone was someone new that had never even gotten in the top ten. Annoyed, he challenged him as he saw the person get online.

They had already competed fiercely with each other for many laps, and this was the last lap. Their cars were leading the race, which both of them repeatedly passed each other.

"Come on come on come on..."

Finally, both of them passed the finish line almost at the same time.

[CONGRATULATION, YOU HAVE WON 2'ND PLACE!]

The screen congratulated him with a big silver cup and confetti before it became broken, along with the screen. Bronte had thrown the controller into the screen angrily.

"FUCK!!! I lost again!?"

He threw a tantrum for a while until he eventually tired himself. This was the first time he had been beaten in his favorite game like this. He felt so humiliated.

He looked angrily at the [KpAw] account who got the first place. "[KpAw], just who the hell is this guy?"

He just assumed the other player was a guy, but that was not what mattered. What mattered was the fact that someone was stealing his first place, and it was pissing him off.

He took a cola from his personal refrigerator and chugged it. He then glanced at the tv that was broken displaying static, without guilt. He could always ask for a new one later.

Not in the mood for another round, he came out of his room to go for a walk. His house was a three-floor mansion, located on the outskirts of the town, far from any traffic noises, surrounded by nature.

But somehow the mansion was pretty noisy today. There were a lot of servants walking back and forth in the mansion. A ringing call could be heard across the mansion as valets and maids were running around like headless chickens.

Bronte was curious about what was going on today. He called over one of a maid that was near him by chance. "Hey, you!"

"Y-yes. Did you call me, young master?" She bowed her head as she answered his call.

"What's happening here? This place looks like a mess."

The maid looked shaken before answering. "That is, um, there is a problem with the mansion's security system. Security cameras and some other devices are currently unusable and we are getting a lot of spam calls. We suspect someone is hijacking the system."

"But don't worry, the security guard has said that it will be fixed soon."

"Is that so?" He answered casually.

Bronte didn't really care if someone robbed his house, or to be exact, his father's house. He rarely saw his father, and what he mainly did was play games or hang out with his gang. Even if all of the property in the mansion was robbed, his father could just buy it again easily.

Without thinking much he walked to the mansion's garage to pick up his car. He was still too young to have a license, but who would dare to ticket a Petterson in this city?