C H A P T E R 7

Xavier looked at me but couldn't answer since he also didn't know the answer

Xavier looked at me but couldn't answer since he also didn't know the answer. The cries and screams were coming from all around us.

Taking charge I shouted out to the pack members "Everyone stay calm. We don't know if that black smoke is gone so some of us are going to go check it out. Do not go into any building in case the aftershock of the earthquake happens."

Once everyone was informed, Xavier, Jaxon, Maddox, and Axel headed to the dead man that touched the smoke. The man laid there unmoving with his eyes rolled back only his whites showing. I was the first to walk towards him to take a closer look, he didn't have any evidence of what had happened to him other than a weird mark near his eye. The mark was black and looked like a circle with a cross on top, nothing like I have ever seen. 

I stood back up and turned to the guys "Take his body for the funeral."

Axel, Jaxon, and Maddox took the man to the pack doctor while Xavier and I stayed to inspect the trees that had fallen. Once we got a better look, there was no residual smoke and it was as if nothing ever happened.

"I need to call Aiden, maybe the same thing happened there," I said to Xavier.

"Go ahead I should go check up on the pack members in case they need help," he said to me.

I nodded and walked away from him to take my call. 

Aiden answered after three rings "Hey Ana. Please tell me Midnight wasn't the only one with that whole black smoke and tree falling."

"Nope, we had it here so it woke us up in the middle of the night. We had one casualty at Dark Moon" I replied to him.

"Thank god Midnight didn't have any. I am going to talk to other alphas because if this happened both here and there it must be happening everywhere. If it is the main point of the Wolves Conference will be circulating this topic" Aiden said.

"Agree," I said back.

"Anyway how are you doing with the whole ex-mate?" he asked me.

"Honestly not bad. I thought that seeing him again might add feeling but it wasn't other than annoyance. Now that I have grown up without him and am doing better alone he thinks he has some claim over me. It is so fucking annoying and if he keeps this up I might have to bash my head against the wall" I told Aiden.

He laughed and said, "It could be worse."

"Wait wait wait, you didn't hear the best part, he marked my fucking old best friend Lilith," 

I said laughing with him."You're shitting me right?" Aiden asked, shocked.

"Nope," I replied.

"Oh god, at least you will be back home in a few days," he said.

"I know but I really don't want to leave my parents," I said to him.

Aiden told me "You can visit whenever you want and they are welcome here any time."