C h a p t e r 30

Once we set foot in my room of the palace, Arius immediately let me go, trying to quickly leave the room

Once we set foot in my room of the palace, Arius immediately let me go, trying to quickly leave the room. Although he seemed calmer than before, I could still feel that he was a bit annoyed at today's events with Liam.

"Arius," I said, calling out to him.

He stopped walking towards the door but didn't turn around to look at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, even knowing the answer.

He finally turned around and stalked towards me, putting his hands to bring my face up.

"Baby, I don't give a fuck about your past, we all have one. Knowing that I still wanted to rip that boy's head off for touching you along with all the other men before me."

I started to say "It's nothing..."

"I know darling, I'm a possessive man so sue me for being jealous."

Bringing his hands from my face to put them around my waist, I continued to stuff my head into his chest.

Whispering from my place, I said, "I take time to trust someone, especially a man, so please give me time to open up to you."

He tucked his head on top of mine and whispered to me, "Take as long as you want, I'll wait all eternity for you if I have to."

Smiling into his chest, I now understood why Sin is jealous of the man before me. Arius will be ten times the man he is, I thought, remembering the memory from the forest in Greece. Sin was always in a rush for me to trust him when he didn't give me many reasons too. Knowing Arius for only a few days, I already knew what he just said to me was true. He would be patient throughout our relationship, giving me all the time I needed to figure us out. The two of us stood there for a while before I interrupted the silence in the room.

From Arius's chest, I said, "You weren't the only one getting jealous, I hated how other women always look at you with awe and lust whenever you walk by. I mean, I can understand why they would stare but like paws of. Don't get me started on the number of women you probably slept with throughout your lifetime, like triple my body count. Not that I can blame you since you're like a billion years old."

Arius laughed at my little rant and replied, "Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way and those women mean nothing to me as you do."

"I know," I said, believing him.

"Now what about that kiss?" he asked me.''

Giggling, I said, "Tonight."

Arius nodded before looking over to the clock above the fireplace, Arius said to me, "I should get going, got a kingdom to run."

Giving me a wink and a peck on the cheek with the promising dinner tonight, he left the room. Although disappointed at his departure, I knew that my mate had many important duties to uphold, so I went to look for Rissa and Allegra to get the tour she was going to give us before we left.