C H A P T E R 31

The next morning I was still fantasizing over the kiss I had with Arius the night before

The next morning I was still fantasizing over the kiss I had with Arius the night before. I walked into the dining room and saw that everyone already had been seated with their breakfast. My eyes landed on Arius, immediately blushing, and turned my head away from his heated gaze. Taking my seat next to Arius, I filled my plate with a variety of fruits to look up to both Leo and Rissa smirking at me knowingly. Putting an apple in my mouth, I rolled my eyes at them, turning my attention to my food.

Looking to Arius, who already had his eyes on me, I raised my brow in question. He replied with a mischievous look, turning towards Akoni.

"Clear my schedule for today, Akoni. I am spending the day with my mate, " Arius said.

Choking on a piece of fruit, I fell into a fit of coughs until I looked over to Arius saying, "You don't have to."

"I know but I want to, amare," he said to me, putting his hand on mine.

Smiling at his comment, Arius lazily rubbed circles on my hand.

"I will push all your meetings tomorrow for you to finish, brother," Akoni says.

Arius thanks him as all of us finish our dinner at the dining table. Once I was done eating, Arius took my hand, causing sparks from where we touched. He leads me to the other side of the castle, towards his own room. His room was decorated with black and a deep red color to show off the room as very sophisticated. It was very well fitted for the demon king and ruler of the underworld. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind stealing his room to be my own.

Entering, I asked, "What are we doing here?"

From behind me, Arius leaned in towards my neck, placing soft butterfly kisses on it.

"Why, little mate? Afraid to be all alone in a room with me?" he whispered seductively in my ear.

Yes, yes, I am.

"Nope, not at all," I replied.

"Funny, because I can hear your fast heartbeats."

Turning towards him, my lips barely brushing against his as I said, "Must be your imagination."

"Must be," he said.

Staying in our close position for a while before I moved my head away from his to get back to my earlier question.

"So why are we here, Arius?"

Replying, he said, "As much as I would like to throw you onto my bed and fuck you, my room leads to a private room that nobody but me can enter. I saved the room to show it to my mate one day. "

Blushing at his previous statement, I said, "What kind of room is it?"

Wrapping his arm around my waist bringing me closer to his body, he said "I guess you'll just have to wait and see.