Chapter 21: Buy Low, Sell High!

After I posted my request at the guild, I was able to get a massive amount of Telium stones.

Not surprising since I was offering a lot of money to get a seemingly useless stone. I had to use some of my personal money I saved as to not alert the Duke, but it's okay. It's an investment...

Anyway, because of this, I could finally start refining the stones. I had already gotten Riven to go to get a specially designed ring and necklace made. It needs to be fashionable so Violet can wear it often.

The ring can be normal, as I just need to add a Telium stone to it. After that, I can just keep reusing the same stone by adding my magic into it, so Violet can use magic at any time and it'll look natural for her magic to come from her hand.

The necklace will be the hard part. I need it to be a contraption where Violet can put a new stone into it every so often. I also will have to find a place to store used stones.

However, luckily, since Riven was extremely capable, he was able to find a place that had what I wanted. I asked where he went, but he just said he had connections. Strange, but he doesn't pry at what I do, so I won't either. I think it's better for both of us...

As I started refining, I realized it was a lot harder than I had thought.

I had already gotten a blacksmith to separate the rock from the light blue veins and then grind them into dust. The only problem was actually using my magic to refine it.

I had a hard time figuring out the right temperature of the fire. After that, it just became a problem of controlling it. Fire magic is known to be hard to control, as its flames move sporadically and require high control. However, even though it's tough, it also works as a good practice for when I have to control my shadow magic. The latter is even more difficult to control.

After I finished refining the first one, I felt a bead of sweat drip down my face. I didn't expect this would be that difficult, even with my genius settings.

I still had a lot to work on my magic. I don't want to get hurt since I don't like pain, especially after enduring the worst pain in my life due to that truck... Anyway, the only way for me to be able to minimize the damage I could take in the future is probably just to become super strong so I can't feel pain in the first place. That's why I should probably change some of my daily schedules so I can dedicate more time to my magic practice...

Anyway, after I finished the first refinement, I tested it out. I decided to add multiple types of magic into it, from all of the elements, including my shadow element. The light blue pearl turned into a rainbow color after I imbued the elemental magic. However, after I added my shadow magic, the pearl had a dark violet color that had a mixed pink and blue hue.

Afterward, I tested the magic in it out, and it was luckily able to recreate magic easily. Just as I had expected from a Telium stone from the Nezzalorne Mines. They truly are of high quality and purity. Usually, with common magic stones, you would get 50% of the power in it at best, as the impurities block the output of the stone. However, these stones are of high quality, even if an amateur was the one that made them.

After finishing my test, I started to create more as I needed a large amount of these.

I might have gone a little bit overboard though, as when I finished, I heard birds chirping outside. The view outside the window was a light blue color that I knew all too well as I noticed my eyes feeling heavy...

Ah, shit... I stayed up all night refining these stones...

Maybe it's just my habit from when I was a college student. I would often stay up all night, for days, working on some school project.