Chapter 26: A Seething Anger

After Cyril entered the room properly, I stood up and greeted him. He seemed like the happy puppy he usually was if you looked at him at first glance, but...

I had watched Cyril closely, he definitely seemed off today... he might have noticed me staring so intensely at him, but who cares.

I don't know what exactly is bothering him, but if I don't ask, I won't be able to figure it out!

"Your highness, is—"

However, before I could get a word out, the door to the parlor opened.

Standing there was a black-haired girl with bouncy curls at the end of her long silky hair. She had lost her baby fat and had matured, though she still looked like a child. Her eyes and smile were fierce like usual, but that can't be helped since she naturally looked like a villainess.

"Prince Cyril! You're really here!"

She exclaimed in a cheery voice, not even hiding her affection.

Damn it, Violet! Bad timing!

I pulled back since I'm not sure it would be the best time to go, 'Quick, tell me your utmost problems and insecurities in life' since going into a therapy session with multiple people around doesn't seem like the best idea. I guess I'll have to wait later to see what's wrong since it might be something he doesn't want to talk about in front of other people. 

Suddenly, I remembered that Violet was extremely busy with her lessons this past week, so I pulled her aside.

"Violet, what happened with your lessons?"

"You need not worry, brother, I was allowed to take a break since Prince Cyril was visiting. How could I miss the chance to see him... he's my fiance!"

I sigh but then pat her on the head. Well, she's worked really hard these past few weeks, so a break should be good.

...

I sigh loudly.

Looking at my hand that was clenched, I wanted to curse my horrible luck.

Why did you fail me today, rock...

Walking to a nearby tree, I started counting down from 40.

Please tell me why I'm playing hide and seek right now.

I never got this even as a kid back in my past life. Hide and seek is super boring, whether you find a good or bad hiding spot. If you find a good one, you're just stuck there, bored out of your mind, trying not to make a sound. If you find a bad one, you're out early so you have nothing to do. Not to mention, you get laughed at for picking a bad spot.

On the other hand, if you're the seeker, you have to run around everywhere and it's just super annoying.

It doesn't help that I have the memories of my past life as an adult, so playing kiddy games is just jarring... thought it might just be my hate for hide and seek talking, since I'm usually fine with playing games with them.

Anyway, luckily for me, I got to be the seeker so I can run around all day, woohoo...(sarcasm)

Hahh...

"3... 2... 1..."

Finally getting down to the end of the countdown, I turned away from the tree and looked around.

Closing my eyes, I concentrated on the air around me. Pinpointing every resident and servant in the yard currently, I wasn't able to detect any of Cyril's nor Violet's magic. There wasn't even a trail I could sense.