Chapter 12.5: extra

Violet was the proud and prestigious daughter of a Duke. Her family name, Deianira, was her pride, and she believed she had every right to act like did. Everybody spoiled her, and she was always told by her aunt that she was special.

"Violet, you're the daughter of the Duke. If you claim you're second, no one would dare claim first. Do you understand? You should stand proud and not let anyone insult you or slap you in the face."

She was the little princess of the household. Unsurprisingly, she grew up to be a haughty little lady, especially because she listened to what her aunt, someone she was extremely close with, said quite often. As much of a little brat she was, she was also just an impressionable child who was basically fed poison all her life. No wonder all the words she said had such venom in them, even for a five-year-old.

The servants around the house had varying opinions about her. Some who saw their young miss grow up pitied her, as she had acted like any pure and sweet child when she was little. However, some who were new to the estate only saw her as a little brat that would always yell at them and raise her hand before speaking to them about her grievances.

However, neither side could ever raise their opinions about her, in fear of facing the wrath of the little demon who had a streak of impulsivity.

There was even more stir in the estate when an unknown boy was brought into the household. Many of the servants didn't know where he came from, and some even alleged that he was the result of an affair.

Violet, who was already irritated that her parents were focusing on this new "brother" of hers, made the maid that spoke of an affair kneel before her for the whole afternoon.

The idea that not only was this... trash taking away her parent's affection, but was probably the son of a boorish commoner, made her extremely disgusted. Her aunt had always told her about how worthless commoners are, and she could not believe one would try to break up her happy family, not to mention leave behind a bastard to intrude into the household. What her aunt told her must be true!

Not only did she dislike commoners, but she also just didn't like the attitude of her new "older brother." He was always silent and never showed any expression, even when she showed obvious hostility. He was smart and picked things up quickly, unlike herself, who was still struggling with her manner lessons. What's worse, even though his expression never changed, whenever she acted bratty in front of him, she had this feeling like he was looking down on her! (this one is slightly true)

His existence was surely just a thorn in her side!

However, things slowly changed when she went on a trip to visit her mother's family.

Many hectic things happened on that second day.

The person she had been loathing fainted suddenly and the whole house was in an uproar. She didn't understand why people were so concerned over a commoner, and she didn't find anything wrong with what Aunt Arethusa said about him either.

"If you knew he was such a weak child, why would you even bring him along. My dear sister, it saddens me to see you are still a fool."

"Arethusa! Why must you always pick apart the things I do like this?"

The duchess was already worried about her son, but her sister still found this the appropriate time to shame her.

"Calm down Aria, why are you taking what I say so seriously? It was just a joke. However, if someone is seriously this weak, how can he even inherit the duke's title? Alas, what a pity. Maybe it would've been better to just find someone on the street if you wanted an heir so much, at least they would be able to survive till adultho–"