Chapter 19: Sensing a Strange Flag

Shit...

This is really bad...

I could feel my chest contract as my heartbeat raised faster. Despite this, I felt as cold as ice as a sense of dread hung over me.

It's happening again.

However, luckily, I've learned how to calm myself down now, despite being so sensitive to dark magic.

I took a deep breath, trying to catch my bearings. Every dark thought that crossed my head that could send me into despair, I tried to push them out of my head. I felt like my head was splitting open, but at least I didn't faint this time...

Anyway, I had more pressing matters at hand as I looked at Violet. She was obviously still in pain, and I had an idea of why.

I'm pretty sure I talked about how the amount of magic within a person is like a water tank, and the ability to draw it out is like a faucet. However, what I'm guessing is happening to Violet is that the magic within her is actually constantly expanding.

If it's constantly increasing, it will obviously overflow. However, there is no opening for it to pour out. Violet hasn't learned how to use magic yet, so it's almost like the faucet connected to that water tank is out of order.

If her body was the water tank in the comparison, then there's a lot of pressure being put on her now. The more pressure there is, the more cracks start to form, which is letting the dark magic seep out from it and alleviating the pressure. However, it's extremely dangerous and painful for the person, as they feel like they're exploding from the inside out.

After taking a deep sigh and looking at her once more, she was squirming around, uncomfortable.

Her laying on the ground won't be good for her. It'll be a better idea to get her onto a bed.

However...

If a servant caught wind of this type of magic surrounding Violet... I don't know if they could really keep it a secret. Not to mention, I remember in the game that a servant actually betrayed the family and told people about Violet's secret later on in the game, and it contributed to the downfall of the Deianira family.

Most people usually can't detect it, but the amount of dark magic exuding from her body is so disgustingly enormous. I've already built up a pretty good immunity to dark magic after what happened at the Count's estate, but I never imagined that I would still be overpowered by it, to the point I had to manually calm myself.

However, before I could even think about what to do, I heard the sound of a branch breaking from behind me. I quickly turned my head to see who was behind me, scared that Violet's secret could be found out.

However, I was only met face to face with a pink-haired boy, who's usual enigmatic smile was nowhere to be seen. His face was expressionless, which didn't fit his image, as his long eyelashes turned down.

"Michaelis..."

However, he quickly passed me and looked over at where Violet was resting.

Walking over, he leaned closer to her, who had a pained expression on her face. I couldn't tell what type of expression Mika had, but I felt a sudden chilliness in the air. He then reached over and picked Violet up in a princess carry, much to my surprise!

I never really expected he would be able to pick her up, as he always looked like he wasn't that strong and he was actually shorter than Violet currently. Maybe it's because he's a beastman, and they're known to be physically strong?

"What are you do—"

"My lady shouldn't be sitting on the dirty ground. I'm bringing her to her room."