"The Witch Is Missing"

It was a silent afternoon, it was slightly windy outside and it could be heard clearly that the fallen leaves were moving along the wind.

You suddenly wake up as you felt like you had fell off something but really, you were just laying down. You look around alertly but decided to lay your head back down.

"It's been days since she hasn't come back to her hut." The voice spoke out, interrupting your usual afternoon nap. The start of the conversation seemed slightly forced as to show concern.

"Ugh... Can you shut up? She'll turn up anytime soon. She's probably with Alice and Jane." You yawned, the few words were grumbled and your focus was more on getting yourself to fall back asleep which wasn't too hard.

"But she isn't gone this long." The raven flapped down onto the desk that you were laying on. The desk stood front in a nice open window, letting in the warmth of the afternoon sun. "How about you use your instincts to spot her?" The raven had added.

"That's not how cat works birdbrain." You spat out as you turn away from them. You are a cat, a small yet comforting company for the witch, Morgan. You would be the person to get Morgan what she needs, either you'd have to hunt for it or dig for it. When you don't have any requests to fulfill, you would lay around the hut and nap but it would always be disturbed by a particular raven.

"How come you aren't concerned about our dear master?" The raven asked, their tone growing serious.

"Because I believe she'll be alright and will come back, duh. Also, stop calling her master, it's weird." You huffed out, your eyes closed and still making an effort to take a nap. "Why can't you just fly around and search for her?" You added.

"Do you think I wouldn't be doing that if she hadn't entered a portal?" The raven huffed out, seeming to finally show their mere hatred for you. This wasn't new, hell, you two have hated each other on the first day you two had worked together. The raven had preferred to be called "[Crush's Name]". They thought of their own name while your name, "[Name]" was from Morgan. You two would be at each other's throats at times and would compete on who's Morgan's favorite.

"There's the attitude." You responded. "Wait— portal?" You asked, your head perking up in interest. "She would've taken us with her!" You added as you knew Morgan wouldn't leave the two of you alone together for days.

"Yes, that is the concern... But not only that..." [Crush's Name] trailed off as their head turns over to face the window.

You looked at them confused but then decided to look over to the direction their head was facing. There were soldiers that approached the hut. They were dressed in shiny armor, the symbols carved in gold on their torsos had revealed they were from Arbeia, the kingdom that was hundreds of meters away.

"Oh great, those guys. Are they gonna ask us to pay our tax again? I mean, we're nowhere near their border." You said and then letting out a sigh of annoyance.

"No, there seems to be a small army of them. Usually, Arbeia would send two or three soldiers to come here." [Crush's Name] responded and quickly glides down the birch planks. "We have to change ourselves and quickly make a run for it." [Crush's Name] said before flying down onto the hut's basement.

You got up and hopped off the desk. You went over to the basement, though some of the soldiers had already seen you and [Crush's Name] by the window, they seem to be more fixed on Morgan.

"Morgan of Feron, you are given 10 seconds to come out of that hut of yours." A knight outside the door had announced. "10..." The knight had started counting down.

You rush down the basement, going through a doggy door and quickly rushing over to your room. You shift yourself to a form of a human. Though it was easier for you to move on this form, you preferred being a cat as you believed that humans were quite problematic.