"Skate Date"

"I guess you're not the only one who fell."

Friday, the most happiest day of the week because well, the next day would be Saturday.

You kept a firm grip on your backpack as you watch people pass by the hall, exiting the school to head home or maybe go to cafes, fast food chains, or the mall. It doesn't really matter, at least they're enjoying their time.

"[Name]! Hey, I'm sorry I kept you waiting... I had to help out move some things at our club." [Friend's Name] rushed over to you, panting. You two would usually exit the school together but then, a certain someone decided to join the two of you.

"It's fi-" You were cut off as the one and only, [Crush's name] waved to you. They approach you and your friend.

A gasp escaped [Friend's Name]'s lips. A smirk then crept on their face, directing their smirk to you as they've known about how you've been crushing on [Crush's name].

You kept your kind, welcoming smile on your face, acting as if everything was okay but in reality, you're basically freaking out. You've felt it again... The butterflies in your stomach and that nervous feeling that you might mess up in front of [Crush's name].

"Hey you two, mind if I join?" [Crush's name] asked, flashing a small gentle smile which easily melted your heart.

"I'm okay with you joining us, I don't know about [Name] though." [Friend's Name] looked back at you, wanting you to answer their question.

Both [Friend's Name] and [Crush's name] were looking at you for an answer and it was oddly pressuring you.

"Uhm, yeah, you can join us." You spoke out, calmly.

"Thanks." [Crush's name] said as you three started walking through the school hallway that wasn't filled with too much students as most of the students had exited the building.

There was a small awkward silence. The three of you had been hoping that one of you might strike up a conversation that won't be too awkward for one of you.

"So," [Friend's Name] paused to look at you and [Crush's name] as she had been in between the two of you. "Any plans for the weekend?" [Friend's Name] asked.

You glance at [Crush's name], hoping they'd answer first since you'd just probably stay in your room, reading, gaming, that kind of stuff.

[Crush's name] noticed your glance and decided to respond to [Friend's Name].

"Well, I was thinking of going roller skating  with [Name] tomorrow since it looks like tomorrow is a great day to skate around town." [Crush's name] looked at [Friend's Name] and then averting their gaze to you.

[Friend's Name] nudges you as it seemed to them that you weren't paying attention.

"O-Oh... Roller skating sounds fun, but, I don't know how to roller skate. Plus, I don't own any roller skates." You responded and for some reasons, it felt like an excuse to not go.

"You can borrow my roller skates." [Friend's Name] said, backing you up.

"I can teach you." [Crush's name] said along with [Friend's Name]'s dialogue.

You could feel the slight desperation just from judging on [Crush's name] soothing voice. But mostly, [Friend's Name] was desperate for you to go with [Crush's Name], having a feeling that this would be your chance to sort of impress them and get to know each other more.

"Sure... But wait- Is there anyone else joining us?" You asked [Crush's name].

"I was hoping it'd just be the two of us but it's fine if you want to bring someone along." [Crush's name] responded, sighing in the process.