Chapter 21

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

Wednesday evening after work I strolled into my apartment and was welcomed by the smell of something delicious brewing in the air.

"Oh my word, that smells amazing," I shouted and slipped my jacket off, hanging it on our coat rack by the door

I walked to the kitchen and Reyna stood behind the stove, stirring a hot pot of simmering soup. I breathed it in - the delightful aroma of spices filling the air.

"I'm making my famous tomato soup," she announced proudly

She turned and reached for one of the spices next to the pot and tossed some in. She had an apron on and her thick hair was pulled into an untidy bun.

"You look like the perfect housewife right now,"

She chuckled, "Don't get used to this,"

I smiled and brought myself onto the barstool in front of her. She already had a bottle of wine and two glasses laid out on the counter so I reached for the bottle and filled our glasses.

"How have you been?" she asked, "I feel like I haven't seen you,"

She was right. We kept missing each other these last few days. I spent the rest of Monday and Tuesday with Giovanni and by the time I got back this morning to get ready for work, she had already left. Between her seeing Diego and me having shifts at the restaurant, we didn't see each other as often.

"I've been good," I admitted, "What about you? Are you excited to be going home tomorrow?"

She nodded and reached for her glass, "Oh yes. I can't wait! I love living in Barcelona but you know how much I miss my parents,"

For as long as I have known Reyna, her family has always been close. Her parents were the most loving people you would ever meet. They were always so warm and welcoming and they made you feel like you were part of their family. I went to Madrid with Reyna during my first few weeks here and the energy of the Cazarez family helped a lot with this crazy life transition I was going through. They loved their hometown too much to move to Barcelona where Reyna and Katrina were so birthdays and special holidays were very important to them.

"They're going to be so happy to see you. Have you told them about Diego?"

"Not yet. I wasn't sure if I wanted to at first but now I know I have to,"

Her eyes lit up as she spoke about him and she couldn't contain the smile that spread across her face. I had never seen Reyna like this with a man. She was always so calm and collected about these sorts of things but Diego had her hooked.

"Look at you," I teased, "Diego is a great guy. I really think your parents would like him,"

"Oh, I know they'll love him! I'll probably take him to meet them next time around,"

"So things are getting pretty serious then?" I sipped on my wine

She blushed, "Yeah they are. I didn't think this would happen but he's just amazing and for the first time in my life I can actually see a future with someone,"