Chapter 25

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

The elevator doors opened to his warm apartment and I stepped inside. I always felt so welcomed here but now I was starting to doubt everything again. I was angry and upset. Who the hell did Casey think she was? Why did she have to remind me of their relationship? I was doing perfectly fine before she brought up every insecurity I had managed to lock away. Every piece of doubt I had towards Giovanni was now on the surface again and I was frustrated by all of this.

I was angry at him for putting me in a position like that where I looked like such an idiot trying to defend our relationship when there were clear timing inconsistencies. I was angry that I didn't know he slept with her after sleeping with me. Was I an idiot to have thought differently? I was angry that I felt so strongly for him that this was getting to me. Having these blurred lines in casual relationships was exactly where the fuck ups came in. You didn't know where you stood or what you could and couldn't get angry at because there was, technically, no real obligation. I couldn't be angry about him sleeping with her because at the time, I didn't even know if I was going to see him again and yet, here I was hurt by that new piece of information. The idea of him with someone else drove me crazy. I was being selfish now - I wanted him all to myself.

I wandered into his kitchen and went straight for the bottle of wine on the counter. I had been at his apartment so often lately that I knew exactly where everything was and I felt comfortable enough to make myself feel at home. From the first moment I met him, he made me feel comfortable. Never once did I feel like I didn't belong or I couldn't be myself. He felt like home to me. After finding the bottle opener and a wine glass, I was perched on the couch in his lounge.

Two glasses of wine later, Giovanni finally walked into his apartment. I looked over my shoulder at him and watched as he removed his jacket. I turned back to my glass of wine and took a sip. He walked into the lounge and sat on the coffee table directly in front of me. I kept my eyes firmly on the glass of wine in my hand. The alcohol mixed with my time to overthink was a terrible idea but there was no going back now.

"Thank you for waiting," he said softly

"Didn't have much of a choice. Couldn't exactly walk to my apartment at this time of the night,"

I was being unnecessarily sarcastic right now but that was the result of the wine

"Come on, Isabella," he reached for my wine glass and took it out of my hand

"I wasn't finished with that,"

He held my hands in his and ignored my comment. He brought my hands to his lips and kissed each one of them.

"Can we please talk about this?" he murmured

I remained silent. What did he want me to say? I was angry and hurt. I probably shouldn't have added alcohol into the mix but I just didn't know what to do. This was exactly the kind of thing I was afraid would happen. I was afraid that I would be left looking like an idiot for thinking I could have Giovanni all to myself. Every doubt I had managed to shut away was back and I hated that. I didn't want to second guess him - not after all the effort he's put in the last few weeks but I couldn't control it.