03 | fill your schedule

"you're the only thing i want

"you're the only thing i want."

Y/n did not like animals, or more like they didn't like her. So what she had planned for today made her wish the day was already over.

"The things I do for you, Sho," she sighed to herself, tapping her foot outside the door.

The door opened to reveal the fully dressed boy. His outfit consisted of grey sweatpants with a white crew neck and flannel. Her eyes lingered a little longer then they should have, and he definitely caught it. His eyebrows arched,

"like what you see?" A small smile graced his lips as his eyes twinkled in mischief.

"Yeah, you should dress casual more often." She smiled back, grabbing his hand pulling him along to the bench. "Let's wait for the cab here."

They sat in a comfortable silence, waiting for their ride to arrive. Not long after however, a car pulled up in front of them.

"Y/n L/n?"

She nodded and checked the man's phone to make sure he was the correct driver. Waving Shoto over, they both took a seat in the back. the radio played softly as she hummed along.

"You like this song?" the driver asked her as he turned the volume up.

"Yeah, it reminds me of my dad."

The driver nodded understandingly and kept his eyes on the road. However Shoto's eyes lingered on her. It wasn't often she spoke of her father, all he knew was that he passed away when she was younger.

[ time skip ]

"Your destination," pulling in to the parking lot of the shelter, he pulled out his phone to check the price. "That's 400 yen."

Nodding, she pulled out cash and handed it to the man, "if it's okay, could you meet us here again at around seven pm?"

"Sure."

As they stepped out of the car, they closed the door behind them and walked onto the sidewalk. The cab drove off as they moved toward the door. When the door opened, they were immediately met with the sounds of barking and hissing. Suddenly a senior lady walked up to them.

"Ah, you must be our volunteers for today! Mr Todoroki and Miss L/n?"

They both nodded in response and she led them to a corner where a few puppies laid. She pointed at them and at bag of dog food in the shelves, showing them how much the serving sizes were.

"How about you do it Sho?" Handing him the bag of food, she took a safe step back.

"Okay?" He walked up to the dogs and poured food into the bowl. Immediately they circled around him, "um, help?" He held the bag above his head as a little tri-colored puppy hopped onto his lap.

"Haaaa. I think you can handle yourself," she chuckled nervously and walked back another few steps. "I'll just be over there," she pointed her thumb in the opposite direction before laughing, awkwardly.

"Y/n... I'm literally surrounded." His eyes narrowed, "unless you're afraid of dogs."

She ignored him and he chuckled, "wow, the great Miss L/n is terrified of puppies." He tossed the bag of food to the corner before stepping over the dogs. Picking up the puppy who had made his lip it's home, he walked toward her.

"Get that away from me!" She jumped when she saw him stalking closer.

"Are you serious afraid of dogs?" His face blanked and her ears turned red.

"Just..." her shoulders slumped, "yes." She admitted, no longer finding a purpose in lying.

His eyes swirled with confusion, "then why'd you bring us to a shelter?"

Shrugging her shoulders, she replied nonchalantly, "you like animals."

His face lit up with a smile and he laughed, she turned to face him.

"You're a good person Y/n." He slowly walked toward her and this time she didn't flinch as he extended his arms. The puppy yipped and she took a deep breath and drew out her arms. Carefully placing the animal in her hands, she took a shaky breath. It burrowed it's paws into her chest and licked her face.

"Ha," she slowly broke out into a grin and sat on the ground as the puppy played in her arms.

"Not so hard?" Shoto bent into a low crouch and pet the puppy. She shot him a grateful smile.

"So let's try kittens next."

He shook his head in response, "I'm allergic to cats."

"Damn it."

They both laughed at each other for a few good seconds before getting back up to work again. As they cleaned cages and fed the animals, they exchanged glances and smiles. However, his gaze always lingered on her longer than it should. He would always catch himself staring and quickly busied himself. But his thoughts kept straying, he seriously did not understand what was happening. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath,

"focus."

Grabbing a few name tags, he reorganized them at their cages before polishing them. He grabbed the camera and took a couple of snapshots for the website. The dogs kept moving however and he was getting frustrated. Making a small ice crystal to catch their attention, the moment they turned, he snapped the photo.

He sighed in relief before returning the puppies to their corner spots. turning around, he was met face to face with Y/n. He stumbled back.

"You got some good shots?" she asked him, peering over his shoulder at the camera. He stood there awkwardly before settling for a simple nod, "then let's put them up."

She walked over to the desk and took a seat in the spinning chair before opening the desktop. The password was scribbled on the card the lady left on the desk. Opening up the website, Shoto handed her the memory chip which she plugged into the computer. The photos popped onto the screen and she smiled widely.

"Ever consider a job in photography if the hero gig doesn't work out?" Even if she was joking, his eyes narrowed. Carefully looking up at him, she decided not to comment on his reaction.

Scrolling through the rest of the images, she picked out the best ones and uploaded it to the website, fixing the layout as well. Logging out of the computer, she powered it off before getting up with a huff.

"Let's get out of here?" he asked, pointing to the door, where the cab was parked.

"Yup, let me grab my bag." Running to the back, she made sure to lock up and secured her bag across her body. "We deserve a reward for that hard work."

"Its called volunteering because the reward is the work," he deadpanned. "But if you want a reward," leaning in to her face, he placed a quick peck on her cheek. Turning 180 degrees, he walked stiffly and quickly toward the car.

"The fuck? Shoto???" She gaped, lifting a hand to her cheek. But he had already left her behind, standing in shock.

1087 words

I'm sorry if you aren't afraid of dogs, I just needed it for the plot
We're almost past the halfway marker.
Friends to lovers remain superior
But idiots to lovers >>>>