00 | seven steps, seven days

"we both know my past speaks for itself

"we both know my past speaks for itself."

Shoto and Y/n had been best friends since elementary school, given their parents were aquatinted. However, it took a very long time for him to just get comfortable with her. At first, she thought it was trust issues, but then she realized that he had experienced something in a worse form.

Trauma.

She didn't know much about the Todoroki family's past, they were rather closed off when it came to it, but she could not understand where else it could've come from. Whenever she would ask him he would clam up and change the subject, but she knew their relationship couldn't keep going on like this.

"Hey, Sho?" she poked at his rib cage repeatedly until he gave her his full attention. His eyes had that usual distant gaze as if he was miles away in space. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" His answer was straightforward as usual, but she could tell he was just deflecting by answering a question with a question.

"You know I'm your best friend, right?" He slowly nodded, not understanding where this conversation was headed. "And best friends tell each other everything..."

"Y/n..." he whispered in a warning tone, she knew how much he hated talking about it. She simply just placed his hands in hers so he wouldn't get up.

"Sho, you have to tell me what's bothering you. I'm here to help."

He snatched his hands back and stood up, slightly annoyed. "That's the problem, there is nothing you can do to help."

Before he could walk away he heard her mutter under her breath, "so that means it is a family problem." His eyebrows furrowed and he quickly walked away, leaving her staring at his receding figure.

Once she got home, she quickly started doing her research. If he wasn't going to tell her, she was still going to help him whether he liked it or not. Scrolling through multiple websites, she found one.

wikihow.com

After quickly clicking on it, she scrolled through the steps and found that they were straight to the point and concise. Now, she could set her plan in motion. Seven steps, Seven days. In one week, the pieces of the puzzle should fall in place.

Operation Help Sho Cope With His Hidden Trauma and Come Up With A Shorter Name While You're At It is a go.

366 words