06 | repeat positive affirmations

"please don't break my heart

"please don't break my heart. trust me I've been broken before"

"Get ready to be showered with cuddles!!!"

Y/n jumped on shoto's back as he staggered forward. He gave her a sidelong glance in wonder, what crazy thing she had planned for today.

"Where are we headed now?" he asked her, walking toward the door with her hanging like a koala.

"Actually we're staying home today." She jumped off of him before stopping him from opening the door.

He looked around for anything to pop around the corner, "just here?"

She nodded before pushing him toward the couch. Running over to grab them a few snacks, she sat on the loveseat across from him.

"Today is building confidence!" She pumped her fists in the air before enveloping her hands in his. She gave it a quick shake before leaning back in the seat. "You can start."

"Well, um, you're a very caring person," he stuttered out.

She chuckled before rephrasing her sentence. "I meant building self-confidence. Compliment yourself!" Her hands waved around her face in an exaggerated manner.

"I'm the strongest in my class."

She blinked before sighing, she obviously meant deeper stuff but he did not seem to understand.

"I will live my best life," she continued.

He nodded before continuing, "I make my own decisions."

"I am beautiful," she spoke, not a waver in her voice.

Smiling he grabbed her hands and matched his gaze, "I get my own validation, not from anyone else."

S mischievous smile grew on her face, "repeat after me."

Shoto cocked his head to the side before nodding in agreement. "Fuck."

"Fuck," he repeated, confused where this was going.

"Endeavor."

"-Endeavor." A wide grin made it's way to his face.

She bursted into a fit of giggles before he followed soon after. Minutes later they were laughing on the ground, popcorn spilled on the carpet.

Turning to him she placed a hand on his scar, "i am."

"I am."

"Worthy of love."

"Worthy," he paused for a moment, his breath caught in his throat. He moved, so her hand floated in the air alone.

"Worthy of love." she repeated, scooting closer. Her hand found its way to his face again, and this time he breathed out steadily.

"Worthy of love..."

Smiling she stood up from their place on the ground before flopping back on the seat. "Now let's watch that movie!"

As the lights flickered off and the tv screen brightened,

his hand raised and lingered over his scar,

where her hand once laid.

425 words

(edited.)