7.

As she watched Lauren drive off, she realised maybe her heart missed Lauren too. But it wasn't long before she was reminding herself that it was easy to say I am going to call you. What was harder was actually doing that. What was challenging was seeing someone on the other side of the country.

......

Lauren pounded hard on the punching bag in front of her with a final hit. Her breath fast, her heart beating violently in her chest from the workout.

"Never seen you hit so hard, babe" Alexa said to her. "Who are you picturing right now? That company you had to work with in Miami?"

Lauren shook her head and bent down over the water fountain at the gym for a cold drink. She hadn't been picturing the company at all. She'd been thinking how much it sucked that Camila lived so god damn far away. She'd only been back in California for a day. One excruciating day, and she couldn't get that feisty woman out of her mind.

"No" she finally answered Alexa dryly.

"You should just call her" Alexa said.

She snapped her head up, staring hard at her friend. "What?"

"The woman you spent an extra day with in Miami"

"How did you know?"

"You told me you were arriving back in the morning. And you missed our workout yesterday" she tapped the side of her own head, "Remember? My job is to know how to read people. I'm good at it"

"Anyway" Lauren said, trying to brush Alexa off.

"Are you going to?"

"Call her?"

"Yeah. Call her. Because you should"

Shrugging, Lauren tried to act cool and casual. But the truth was she'd always been planning on calling her. She hadn't been giving her a false line when she left the other night. She wanted to see her again and discover if there was something more to them than just the physical. She enjoyed talking to her just as much she'd enjoyed making her scream her name. She fascinated Lauren, and she couldn't let her be just one night. She wanted more nights with her.

When she reached her apartment, after finished up at the gym with Alexa, and shut the door behind her, she dialled her number, not wanting to wait any longer. She answered on the second ring.

"Hello, person I never thought I'd hear from again" Lauren smiled, wishing she could tug the girls body against his, plant a kiss on her beautiful face and feel her melt into the simple contact.

"Hi, Camila. What would you say about coming to California for the weekend? I have a new set of ropes I want to try out, and a restaurant I want to try, and a big king-size bed that I think you would look spectacular tied up to. Oh, there's also a new movie out that I thought we might like"

Camila laughed once. "So, let me get this right. I'm being invited to the Golden State for dinner, a movie and a little bondage?"

"Yes, that would be correct"

Camila didn't answer right away, She carefully thought about and considered Lauren's request.

She'd won big earlier that night. The kind of win that made the weight of her past troubles lessen on her shoulders. Besides. Lauren was only asking for two nights of her life, this wasn't a commitment. This wasn't a relationship, and she sure as hell wasn't going to get caught up in Lauren.

"Then the answer is pick me up from the airport in a town car, gorgeous, because I'm going to be ready for al of that and then some more the moment I step of the plane" Camila said, as she sank down onto her couch, kicked off her heels, and started counting down the hours until the weekend, until she saw Lauren. They stayed on the phone for an hour,, talking about everything an nothing, Lauren's voice dropped to that sexy growl when she asked Camila what she was wearing.

Just a weekend, Camila kept repeating to herself the next day, and the day after, and the day after that and all during her flight, and even as she walked through the doors of LAX.

But when she saw Lauren in a hot-as-sin suit, with her blouse already loosened, and sunglasses on, leaning against the town car, she had a feeling she'd never want the weekend to end...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

guys next chapter may take longer to come as I haven't decided what Camila's secret getaway is for her to win big and lessen the weight of her past.

but ill figure it out :))