13.

She could see clear across to the Los Angeles River as it cut through the city, then down to Chase bank, and over to Barnes and Noble.

......

Camila shivered once: the temperature had dipped some and while it wasn't chilly yet, she was only wearing Lauren's button down shirt.

"You're cold" Lauren said softy, wrapping her strong arms around Camila, pulling her close, her back to Lauren's bare chest. Camila looked down at her arm, tracing her fingers on the permanent ink. Symbol of life, Lauren had told her. That's what her tattoo stood for, and it suited what she knew about Lauren so far.

"Not anymore" she smiled, and leaned her head back to look up at Lauren. She brushed her lips against Camila's forehead, making the girls heart flutter. Actually flutter, like a bird trying to escape. She was ready to swat the feeling away, but she decided to enjoy the moment instead. "I like your arms around me" she whispered to Lauren, stripping away her usual acts of sarcasm.

"The feeling is completely mutual" Lauren said, reaching for Camila's hand and sliding their fingers through each others.

"And I also like this view. It's amazing"

"It's not too bad" Lauren said.

Camila elbowed her playfully. "Not too bad? This is magnificent and I don't care if that makes me seem all wide-eyed. But it's true. Your whole apartment is gorgeous" she said. She was a sucker for all the exposed reddish brick, and the warmth it brought to Lauren's place. "It's funny, because I'd have pegged you as having some chrome or leather or steel furniture, all black and white and sleek"

"You are confusing me with men who have issues with their masculinity side" Lauren said, holding her tighter, bending her head to Camila's neck to plant a quick kiss.

"You're saying a man who has black leather and chrome in his apartment is compensating for his small size?"

Lauren laughed, a deep rumbly chuckle, "Don't you think?"

Camila nodded. She liked that Lauren's home was warm and lived in. Yes, it resembled a man's home in a way, but it wasn't a home that resembled a man who was trying too hard. It was just Lauren's nature. She didn't have to compensate for her size with the look of her apartment. She even had a few plants on the balcony, and Camila didn't have much of a green thumb herself, but still, there was something nice about this Los Angeles lawyer taking the time to have plants. "I can't stand the whole I'm a man, I need my place to scream mannish. Or the opposite for a woman for that matter. It's sort of like driving a red Corvette"

"You might notice I don't have a red Corvette. Nor do I need one"

"You definitely do not need one" Camila said, trailing her fingers down Lauren's chest, between the valley of her breasts, and across the slight ridges of her abs. "And your plants are adorable"

Lauren raised an eyebrow, "Maybe if you behave all night I'll tell you their names"

"You do not name your plants" she said, giving Lauren a serious look,

"You're right" Lauren laced her fingers through Camila's, guiding her back through the sliding glass doors, "I don't name my plants"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok so i changed the cover guys :) i stcucked to the title 'seductive nights' instead of changing to the original title, but if you want me to change it to the original let me know and i can.

enjoy the chapter