FOURTEEN✨

"Woah, Julie," Luke greets, his eyes wide in shock; I try to hide any ounce of annoyance I was feeling, covering it up with a small smile instead; just when I thought everything was going according to plan, she shows up and makes things harder; and to think, I thought she was cool.

"Grab your guitar, we've got work to do," Luke glanced at the boys, who both nodded, reassuring she was being legit; they had proud smirks on their faces, they definitely went against my instructions and left the studio; if I weren't supposed to be acting friendly, I'd scold the two of them.

"Harper, right?" Julie asked, nodding at me now; Luke had walked over to grab his guitar, leaving me in the center of the room; I nodded, not bothering to reply yet, "I just want to say sorry," I furrowed my brows, what could she possibly need to apologize for; I mean sure, she ruined my plans, but she didn't know about those, "That was not the first impression I wanted to give off, you seem really sweet, and I was kind of harsh."

"Oh?" I nodded; it came off as more of a question than anything; I didn't even think Julie was that rude, I mean, I have been treated worse at the club; not that it even bothered me, I usually fought back anyway, "thank you." I finally say, forcing a sweet smile on my face.

"What made you come back?" Luke asked, walking over to Julie; he still seemed shocked that Julie had rejoined their band; I didn't blame him though; she did exit pretty dramatically.

"I realized how important music is to all of us," She explained; I shut my eyes, trying to keep my cool; oh no, not a speech on how much music means to them, I know Luke, he's a sucker for those, "and we've lost so much already, we can't lose this too." I wasn't sure what Julie had lost, but I could tell by the sadness in her eyes that it was something big.

"Thanks," Luke nodded, stepping back; I expect him to go to his mic, but he comes to me instead, "Is it alright if Harper stays and watches?" I open my mouth to decline his offer; I should probably go see Caleb and Maya and inform them of the minor setback I was facing.

"Of course," Julie nodded, gesturing to a chair nearby; I sighed but walked over to the chair anyway. Due to my awful luck, the chair was closest to Luke, "You know, it'll be nice having another girl around," Julie spoke to me, trying her best to make me feel welcome; I nodded despite my pure disliking to all of this.

"I can't believe you've been putting up with these goons all by yourself," I reply; Julie chuckles at my joke, while the boys fake pout, "alright, so are you gonna perform for me or what?"

"Right, let's go from the pre-chorus," Julie instructs the boys, sitting back down at her keys; right before she begins playing, she looks up at Luke, who is now standing near me again, "oh, and Luke?" She asks; he looks up from his guitar, "Happy birthday." Of course, Alex and Reggie brought her to Emily's; they showed her the two of us in the kitchen, watching his parents celebrate; no wonder Julie returned; she probably felt guilt-ridden by the sight of the broken-hearted boy.

"1,2,3,4," Alex yelled before anyone else could reply, cueing the beginning of the song. I stayed in my seat their entire rehearsal, partially listening, but mostly, I was thinking of ways I can get them to come to the club; I needed to go see Maya ASAP; she'll know what to do.

1 hour later

"I should probably head out," I announced right after their rehearsal was finished; I needed to get out of here and see Maya. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to stay for long; due to Julie's sudden forgiveness towards the boys, my works just got a little more challenging.

"Oh, you're leaving already?" Julie asked sadly; her upset expression confused me, why was she so disappointed by this? we hardly knew one another.

"Yeah," I nodded, trying my best to look sorry, "I just want my friends back home to know I'm okay." I make up, referring to the place I live as my home and not a club; in reality, both Maya and Caleb knew where I was, and hopefully, they had made up a decent enough excuse to Willie about my whereabouts.