TWENTY-FIVE✨

"Are you sure you don't want one of us to come with you?" Maya asked Willie; seeing her worried about someone other than herself was still something neither of us were used to. We'd spent the entire night hid away in Maya's dressing room, all discussing what we could do to help the boys. While Maya was optimistic, we could get the boys to forgive us (mainly me) and help them cross over; both Willie and I couldn't help but be filled with doubt; Alex and Luke both seemed really upset with us, so did Reggie.

"I'm sure," Willie nodded, not very confidently; the first step of our new plan, we needed their forgiveness. I would have offered to go first, but I knew they'd have an easier time forgiving Willie, not that I blame them, I'd have a hard time forgiving myself too, "I need to speak to him alone," Maya and I both nodded, "and besides, someone should make sure Caleb doesn't know I'm gone."

"Right," I sighed; I'd almost forgotten Caleb was someone we had to watch out for. As far as I knew, he didn't even know I'd come back and failed the plan; my goal is to keep it that way for as long as possible, "just be quick, if Caleb discovers you left, we're screwed." Willie took in a nervous breath, nodding his head as he poofed away, off to see Alex and hopefully receive his forgiveness, "I guess I have to face Luke next?" I asked Maya, the words he said to me last night replayed in my head on repeat; he hated me, and I deserved it.

"You've got this," Maya reassured me, throwing herself onto the couch, "any idea what their unfinished business is?"

"I have a few ideas," I informed her, none of them were definite though, might I add, "I think it has to do with their families, all of them left them on bad terms; what if the reason they didn't cross over is that they need to resolve things with them?" Maya hummed in response, thinking over what I just told her.

"That makes sense," She nodded approvingly, "You know where Luke's parents are, right?" I nodded, "Okay, and Reggie and Alex?" Of course, I knew where they used to live; but both Reggie and Alex informed me their families had moved; they couldn't have gone far, though, right? "I can look for them," Maya reassured me after I didn't respond; she reached forward for the laptop on my coffee table, going to work on searching for the other two boys' families. I appreciated the silence that fell over us; it gave me time to think over what to do about Luke. I was almost positive the boys unfinished business involved their parents, so what if I could help him with that? What if all I needed to do was help him show his parents how sorry he was, he'd forgive me then, I'm sure of it. I opened my mouth to tell Maya what I was planning when a knock on the door cut me off.

"Maya," Maya and I both glanced at each other with wide eyes; Caleb cannot know I'm here.

"get it the closet," Maya whispered, gesturing widely for me to hide; I shuffled into her spacious walk-in closet. I shut the door quietly, leaning against it so I could hear Caleb and Maya, "Come in," She called out; I peeked through the crack of the door, watching Caleb as he poofed in, Maya sat on the couch still, her laptop shut beside her.

"Maya," Caleb clapped his hands, "I came to see if there's any news on my new band?"

"it's going well," Maya nodded, an easy, confident smile coming across her face, "Harper visited me last night and said they'd be coming in no time; I give it two days tops."

"Two days?" Caleb asked, his voice full of anger and bitterness; Maya flinched slightly, "I expect Willie to be this slow, but Harper?" Caleb asked; I hated the disappointment that was laced through his voice.

"She's trying her best," Maya argued, standing up from her spot; Caleb glared down at her, and through the crack of the door, I could see Maya's confidence fade slightly.

"Well, clearly her best is not good enough," Caleb spat, shaking his head disappointedly, "Tell Harper that if she doesn't hurry up soon, I'll have to intervene," Caleb threatened Maya before poofing out of the room.

"He's gone," Maya let out a breath; I shuffled out of the wardrobe, sharing a worried glance with Maya.

"Intervene?" I finally said. Maya nodded; we both knew what that meant. Caleb was going to do whatever it takes, even if that meant hurting others around him, "crap," I muttered, pacing back and forth, "we need to help them finish their unfinished business ASAP."

"mhmm," Maya hummed, picking her laptop back up, "I am looking for the Peters and the Mercers, correct?" I didn't say it aloud, but I doubted Maya would be able to find them; LA is home to so many people. There is no way we'll find the two families, "got em," She smirked, holding the laptop for me to look at, "So, now all we need to do is get the boys to resolve the past with their parents, how're we supposed to do that? They can't speak to them."

"Julie," I spoke, not thinking over what I said before it came out; Julie was the only living person we could talk to, "what if she passed the messages along, the boys could write their parents letters, and Julie could say she found them in her studio."

"That's not bad," Maya nodded, thinking over my plan, "so, you're gonna tell her about everything going on, or?"

"No," I shook my head rapidly, "The boys don't want to hurt her; she's lost a lot in her life," I shock myself with my response. I hadn't known Julie for long, but I still had a soft spot for her; nonetheless, she reminded me of myself when I was alive. She didn't deserve any of this, "I'm just going to tell her I want to do this for the boys, she doesn't need to know-"Before I could finish my sentence, Willie poofed in; his expression was unreadable, he seemed sad and relieved all at the same time, "How'd it go?" I ask, disregarding my conversation with Maya.

"We're good," Willie nodded; I didn't need to ask him to know whether he still felt guilty; it was evident on his face he still felt as if this was all his fault, "are you going to see Luke?"

"I probably should," I stand up; it's not that I didn't want to see him, I was just nervous; we both said some pretty harsh things last night, "Maya, update Willie on our plans?" I asked her; she nodded, gesturing for him to sit next to her. I smiled at the two of them nervously before poofing out of the room; I know I said I was going to Luke, but there was someone I needed to see first.

^^ harpers outfit

^^ harpers outfit

🤍
Unsaid Emily is coming soon...
How're y'all liking otherside of Hollywood so far?