35. Preparations

Y/n watched Eri who was awkwardly stealing glances at her.

She can tell that this child has lots of questions. But she didn't bother confronting her about it since she's the one who came in unannounced.

The two had been quiet for a while now. Nothing had been said but hesitant whimper and hums. The little girl with H/c hair and e/c eyes sat still unmoving like the statue of eyes as cold as her own gaze.

But after half an hour, Y/n's seemingly motionless existence blinked. The two looked at each other again quietly.

"Your quirk." Y/n spoke.

Eri flinched as soon as she heard that. She began to shrink from her corner even more, looking at the child whom she still thought was younger than her.

This child would have been less scarier if her e/c eyes wouldn't look at you like they've already befriended you innermost fears and slowly helping it to creep out of your very existence. She felt like the child that offered her cookies yeasterday was not the same child that was staring at her.

However upon podering this child's unimaginable aura, her haired glowed blue. Portal soon formed into her side where snacks rained down as tall as the child's height could be. Y/n picked a pack of her cookies and started eating, still staring at Eri.

The silvette blinked twice. The child now looked like she was surrounded by a calm tame animals roaming in the grace of the forest. Although looking at her with the same expression, the animosity she felt gone and drowned almost instantly like it was never even there to begin with.

Just how much can eating cookies makes the scariest person in this world to look harmless?

Y/n threw a bag of cookies to her. It was a gentle throw and if it doesn't get any better, the little girl used time stone to slow it down for Eri to be able to catch it properly in her little hand.

"Now that I've bribed you, let's talk." Y/n started.

Eri stopped, looking at her wide eyed. "W-what?" She asked.

"One day in the furture, you'll be responsible for saving my life." She said.

Blinking twice, the child was caught up from the unexpected claim. "Saving... your life?"

"Yes." She took a bite from her cookie while the young silvette hugged the pack of snack the other had given. "As of today, you are mine."

"H-huh?" Eri's irises began to shake feeling undeniably confused.

After saying her piece of the puzzle, Y/n stood up, made her way towards her and touched her forehead. Green light soon emmitted out of the child's body still blankly looking up at the child who she think that was younger than her.

It was warm, that light. It felt as though she was being embraced, but at the same time, being pricked by needles going around her nerves. It was needlessly threatening tho. She wasn't afraid of that pricky pain, because just as quickly, it was gone.

The light stopped soon after.

Cough

Eri's eyes turned to the child in front of her, finding her pained expression. But soon she stood up straight, nonchalant and as expressionless as she had always been. Wiping the blood that came out of her lips.

"Are you okay?" Eri asked nervously.

"When the time comes, you're going to have to give it back to me." The little h/c haired girl said. "What you hold in your body right now is half the time stone. Like your quirk, however, it's properties and limits aren't bound to only reversal. But also to this present and the future." She explained.