6

THE NEXT DAY

I was walking into school like normal and I heard loads of people chanting "fight fight fight" so I went to see who it was, out of curiosity.

I saw Billie about to go in for a punch at someone. "I'm sorry, please I didn't mean it" I heard someone say. The voice sounded familiar, I realised it was Toni.

"Billie stop!" I shouted. Billie turned to look at me and then back at Toni. She raised her arm again and was about to swing.

I ran up to her, turned her around and kissed her to stop her from hurting Toni. She kissed me back and then I pulled away. Toni was shaking in fear so I went up to her and hugged her.

"It's alright, she won't hurt you" I softly whispered. She just hugged me back and I could hear her crying. I took her to the office and the nurse took care of her.

LATER IN CLASS

I was sitting next to Billie and I could feel her staring at me. I looked at her and she quickly looked away. I looked away and in the corner of my eye saw her look at me again.

I saw her writing and thought wow, she's actually doing her work for once. I then saw a note fall on my desk then realised she wasn't doing her work, she was writing me a note.

It said why did you kiss me earlier so I wrote under that cos you were gonna hurt Toni and she's my best friend so I had to somehow stop you, and I folded it up and threw it back to her. About 30 seconds later she threw another piece of paper that read do you like me then with a heart and smiley face in the corner. I wrote back lol no, we're just friends and threw it back to her.

I saw her smirk at me before opening it and her smile slowly turned to a frown. I saw her pack her stuff up and storm out, but before she walked out she threw the note in the bin.

I got really confused and when she was walking out of the class I noticed a piece of paper fall out of Billie's pocket but she didn't notice. I picked it up and went back to your seat. It said do you wanna go out sometime and I realised I just friend-zoned Billie and that's why she got annoyed...