15

My mum parked at the hospital and we got out and went to Billie's room. I knocked on the door and was greeted yet again by Kev.

"Afternoon ladies, we've just finished running the tests on Billie so you're free to see her if you wish," he said.

"thank you," we said, "heyyy"

"Hi," Billie said back.

"so how were the tests?" I asked.

"so boring," she said annoyed.

"I got you a vegan sandwich," I said holding it up.

"oooh gimme gimme," she said trying to grab it.

I stared at her waiting for her to ask nicely.

She sighed and said, "please can I have my sandwich".

I gave it to her and she opened it. She started eating while I stared at her.

"what," she said with a mouthful of sandwich.

"just waiting for you to say something," I said.

"oh right, thank you," she said.

She finished her sandwich and I said "I got you something else".

"what," she said excitedly.

I held up the bag that said 'The Jewellery Shop'. I gave it to her and she opened it. She took out the small box first and opened it. She gasped.

"you did not," she said admiring it, "I've wanted this ring for so long bro".

I didn't know she wanted the ring. "really? Psychic powers I guess" I said surprised, "and it's not bro".

"right, baby," she said correcting herself, "wait there's something else?". She took the bigger box out and opened it. She looked at the bracelet and all the charms individually.

There were 5 charms I bought: a silver one that said my baby, a gold heart, a silver heart with a small blue crystal in the middle, a silver openwork sphere with a red heart in the middle, and a gold sphere with an engraving that read my love.

"bruh you did not, how much was all of this," she said.

I sighed and said "it's not bruh and I'm not telling you cos it's a present"

She took out a bag as well and said "I uh, I bought this before the fire incident and I'm quite surprised it survived in my pocket but here you go".

She handed me the bag and I looked inside. It was a locket necklace.

"whattttt Billie you didn't have to get me anything," I said smiling.

"yeah I do cos now you have to put up with me," she said jokingly.

"that couldn't be more true... Bro" I said. (I said bro on purpose to annoy her because she called me bro AND bruh).

"hey... It's baby" she said, playfully poking me.

"bro," I said again. I jumped back so she couldn't grab me or anything.

"oh wow, using my inability to get off this stupid hospital bed to your advantage," she said slightly annoyed.

"yep" I replied.

"come here," she said.

"uh I don't think so," I said, knowing she would just annoy me.

"baby... Come here now"

"Hold up, lemme think again... No" I said playfully.

"I said baby though," she said with a playful sad face.

"ugh fine". I walked to the hospital bed.