7🔥Father and Son

Austin, Texas:

It was a few hours after Thalia had called and TK was in his room chilling while Owen was sorting out a few things for the firehouse in his office at home. Judd was taking over for Owen while he took care of TK but Owen still had a few things to sort out.

"Hey TK, how long have you and Thalia been messaging?"

TK looked up to see his Dad standing in the doorway.

"Uh over year. We started messaging a few days after I asked you about her."

As soon as TK had received the unusual message he had gone to his Dad and asked if he had any children. Owen had told about how 2 years after he left TK and his mother, he had hooked up with someone and they had gotten pregnant. He then went on to explain that he had regrettably ran off but then come back a week later to find out that she had moved to England. He hadn't been able to get in contact with her until he had received the orders that he would have to pay her monthly for child support. Then he told TK how he had tried to call at least once a month but her mother had never allowed, yet he still tried. He even sent her birthday cards which she had never once replied to so he had expected that her mother had once again taken them away before she saw.  Finally he told TK how he had set up a college fund because even though he had never met her or spoken to her he wanted the best in life for her. He really did care about her even if she didn't know that.

"Ah ok.  Did she really think that I didn't want anything to do with her?"

"Uh yeah, her mum never really talked about you at all. She only found out that I existed just before she first messaged me."

"Oh wow"

"But then you didn't tell me about her until I asked about other children"

Owen just sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me about her."

Owen took a deep breath and then replied to TK's question.

"It hurt too much to think about her. I've never spoken to her before today and it hurt too much to think about that.

That my only daughter knows basically nothing about me."

TK nodded.

"Well at least she wants to talk to you now. It's probably because she's turning 18 soon so her mum can't really stop her from speaking to you. Her mum doesn't like her talking to me so I guess it would be worse if it were you."

"Ah right then."

Owen had so many questions in his head. How come she would let Thalia come to Texas at break if she didn't even like he talking to TK. That was weird. He thought that her mother would never allow it but then he didn't really know what their relationship was like. She probably trusted her daughter and knew that everything would be alright.  He was just glad that she was coming to Austin and that he could get to know her. Extremely glad.

"So when are you going to go back to work"

Owen was brought out of his thoughts by TK.

"What do you mean go back to work. I need to make sure that you're alright"

TK just sighed dramatically before speaking.

"Dad, I'll be fine. I have a app on my phone that delivers food. You don't need to stay here with me."

Owen nodded. He did need to start trusting TK a bit more.  TK had been in Texas for a month or two and everything seemed to be going alright. The only bad thing that had happened was him being shot and that hadn't even been his fault.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. If you hurry you can make the next shift"

Owen nodded again before rushing to his room and getting ready. He then left and made his way to the 126.

While he was on route he thought of ways that he could surprise TK with Thalia's visit. That's when he decided to throw TK a party at the 126 and Thalia would be there. He would message Carlos and Thalia about it later. He was sure that the rest of the 126 would love the idea. Especially if it meant that they could meet TK's little sister and his daughter. He had occasionally mentioned Thalia to the rest of the team but they didn't really know anything about her. However TK had probably mentioned her a few times as they were really close.  Owen wasn't complaining that they were close though, in fact he was over the moon that they were close.