9🔥Awkwarddddddddd

Carlos' house was a really nice house. It was quite modern and Thalia really liked the look of it. 

"So here's where you'll be staying for a bit, hope you like it."

"It's really nice. It's so pretty"

Carlos smiled before going and unlocking the door.

"Here's the spare bedroom" He walked towards a closed door and opened it. "Sorry it's a bit small."

"No it's fine."

"You might want to take a few things with you to the 126. They'll likely be on a few calls."

Thalia nodded.

"I'm going to unpack a bit if that's alright?"

"No, that's fine. I'll be leaving in around half an hour. Owen will be here in around an hour. I'll give you a key so that you can lock up. "

"Thank you,"

Carlos was about to leave before you spoke again.

"Uh where's the bathroom"

"Oh uh. I'll show you quickly"

You followed him and showed you were the bathroom was. He then pointed out the kitchen and said you were allowed to help yourself.

You then went back to the spare room. Around 20 mins later Carlos shouted to you that he was going and that there was a key on the table. 

---------

Owen's mind was in the clouds all day. He was going to meet his daughter and there wasn't anything that could stop him.

"I'm heading out now, Judd's in charge till I get back. If there's an emergency phone me."

"Wait Cap where are you heading out? Is TK alright?"

Owen looked over to see the probie standing in the kitchen.

"Uh TK's sister has come to Texas to surprise him. Don't tell him though but I'm going to pick her up from Carlos'"

"Oh right."

Owen walked out to his car but not before he heard Mateo shouting out to everyone asking if they knew that TK had a sister. He just chuckled as they replied with a yes.

He then got into his car and started driving towards Carlos'.  Carlos had messaged him his address because he was meeting TK so he couldn't take Thalia to the 126.

Around half an hour later he had pulled up to Carlos'. However he stayed in the car for a few minutes. This was it. He was going to meet his daughter. 

He got out of the car and walked up to the door. Just as he was about to knock someone opened the door.

"Uh hi, I was waiting by the window to see when you arrived. Carlos mentioned that you were skipping work to pick me up so I didn't want you to miss much work."

"Oh right thanks"

This was too awkward. He could only pray that the traffic Gods were on his side.

"Uh so how was your flight."

"It was good yh, quite tiring but alright. A few people were wearing masks and there was hand sanitizer everywhere."

Owen just nodded before getting into the car.

---------

Thalia didn't know how much longer this car ride was going to take but if it was much longer then she was going to jump out the car. This was too awkward and they hadn't spoken once since they got in the car. Thalia just kept looking out of the window, Texas was pretty but hot. However Owen was just keeping his eyes on the road and occasionally glancing at Thalia. She was so grown up and looked similar to her mother and TK.  

Thankfully a couple seconds later they had pulled up to the 126.

"So this is where TK and you work?"

"Yeah, there will probably be a call soon but you can stay in my office. Or you can go sleep..."

"Uh I think I'm going to do some homework first. What time is TK getting here?"

"TK should be here at around 5oClock"

Thalia just nodded and started following Owen to office. Then out of no where they heard someone shout. They couldn't quite tell what was being said.

"Can you give me a second, I think I need to go and sort this out"

Thalia grinned before nodding.

"Oi you guys! What is going on here"

They rounded the corner and saw quite a few firemen huddled around a TV.

"Oh hey Cap, Probie isn't the best at this game."

She looked to see a quite tall, male firefighter speaking to them.

"Right well, I'll be back in a few seconds"

Owen then showed Thalia his office before returning back to the other firefighters.

Thalia had just gotten her laptop out when everything turned black and then turned extremely bright. He laptop had stopped working and even her phone screen had gone black. She was so confused as to what was going on.