~ the one where alex moves in

"I have something for you." Charlie says as he leans in the doorway.

Alex jumps. "Jesus christ Charlie!" She snaps, laying a hand over her thumping heart as she sets the box in her hands down. "Wait to give me a heart attack!"

He laughs, a grin on his face. "Oops, I'm sorry. I still have a surprise for you."

"Yes?" She says, walking over.

He holds up a set of keys, smirking. "Tada."

Alex gasps. "Are those to the house?" She grins. "I can move in!?"

"Uh huh. Bell's is empty now and so is the garage - it's all yours." He says.

Alex jumps on him shrieking. "I love you I love you!"

Charlie blushes as he holds her. "Love?"

Alex blushes and jumps off him. "I mean... Yeah? Unless that's totally not what you feel-"

"No no, I like it. I... Love you too." He says, looking down as he bites his tongue to contain his grin.

"Big steps, oh god. Are you sure you don't mind me not living with you with you?" She asks. This whole situation is setting her on edge all the time.

"I've told you a thousand times, Ally, yes!" Charlie laughs. "We discussed this before. We're not ready for that step. We're going to see how it goes."

Alex takes a deep breath and nods. "Good. Just double checking. I'm going to go tell Cammy." She squeals, snatching the keys as she excitedly runs inside.

He watches her go and smiles, shaking his head. He goes over and tapes some of the packed boxes closed, moving them to one side. He looks around as he hears the phone ringing, frowning. He goes over and slowly answers. "Alex's phone, speaking?"

"Huh." A voice says. "And who are you to be answering my wife's phone?"

Charlie scoffs. "Ex wife, buddy. Easy to tell who you are then, John. Do me a favour, leave Alex alone. She's signed the papers and any day now she'll be free of you." He snaps, glaring at the wall. "I will end you." He says, hanging up and setting the phone down.

Alex runs in. "Cammy is sad but since their new house is round the corner, she's happy! Everything okay?" Alex asks, gauging the look on his face.

He smiles. "Just worrying how often those little devil's inside will be round my house." He covers.

"Uncle Charlie's afraid of sticky fingers?" She giggles, wrapping her arms around him. She kisses his chin. "It's okay, we'll go there most of the time."

He wraps his arms around her waist. "Let's get some boxes moved, shall we? I think Bella is going to come help."

"That's kind of her." Alex smiles. "There's just one box in the closet I kinda don't want you to touch. The rest can all go to the cars."

"Okay..." Charlie says slowly, nodding. They begin moving boxes and once one truck is full Charlie drives it to the house.

Alex pulls the no no box out of the closet while she's alone, kneeling by it. She opens it up and takes a deep breath, pulling a few photos out. Although it's her, and she knows it's her, it's hard to picture herself in them. It feels like someone else in those pictures. She was so fixated on the perfect wedding and the perfect pictures. The perfect dress. The perfect life. But it was all a lie.

"Knock knock?" Bella calls, peaking in.

Alex wipes her cheeks and stands, turning to face her with a smile. "Hi! Thank you for offering to help." She says, kicking the box aside.