Chapter 8

You've always had a love hate relationship with physical education. On some days, the teacher would be kind and allow students to play dodgeball the whole lesson and though you'd be totally worn out by the end of it, it was somewhat enjoyable. On others, take this day for instance, it would be boring laps around the school oval, and it was absolutely dreadful. To make matters worse, you had already used up most of your stamina sprinting to class as you were going to be late because you had forgotten your sports uniform. So then that resulting in you  needing to go to the student services office to borrow one.

Sakusa always ran at about a quarter of his full speed as he was aware of your poor physical ability and wanted to be close by in case something happened. You knew, and felt bad, because without you he certainly could have reached the quota of laps ages ago, but at least you weren't alone in being the last to finish.

Though he had noticed your fatigue and decelerated even more for you, you were still desperately swallowing for air and barely keeping up with him. Sakusa was using so less of his energy now that he could still keep his mask on as it barely affected him. You glare at his back in envy. This is so unfair, is there something you're NOT good at? You're attractive, smart, AND athletic? I promise you, one day I WILL discover your weakne- You were promptly cut off as you felt your body slam into the ground. Damn it.

Sakusa stops and turns around, panic present in his eyes. He frantically searches around for a teacher, your sports instructor notices and hurries over and examines your body.

"Looks like you've grazed your knees and a bit of your elbows L/N." He says while pointing at your wounds. He sucks in as he sees blood start to trickle down your knee. 

The ravenette fiddles with his fingers anxiously watching the pained expression on your face.The teacher looks back, most of the class had already finished their laps and were chatting around with each other.

"Sakusa, do you mind taking L/N to the infirmary? The minute I leave, I just know this class will go crazy." He said, a sense of plea stranded in his voice.

Sakusa looks down at you, then back to the teacher and nods eagerly.

"Thank you so much for taking care of your peers, Sakusa-Kun." At those words, he leaves to scold a few boys who had been misbehaving by part-taking in dangerous activities.

"Can you stand?" The Sakusa asks, his voice ominous, making you nervous for no reason. His one simple question felt like an interrogation.

"Uhh... umm..." you squirm as you try and push yourself up.

Sakusa kneels down and places one of his arms around your waist and the other behind your knees but you abruptly stop him.

"WAIT DUDE NO!"

He stops and gives you a questioning look. You suddenly feel very insecure. Well this is embarrassing.

"I'm like, really super duper heavy so I'll just walk by myself."

"I'll be fine."

"NO! Really, I appreciate it, but I think I can walk-"

"I said it's okay, the infirmary isn't too far from here."

"Exactly, so I could just quickly get there-."

"You could if you weren't injured. Just let me help you."

"You're going to break your spine."

"Y/N, stop over exaggerating and trust me."

You gulp. It was clear he was going to continue offering even if you kept refusing, and to be honest, you didn't feel like walking either because you were already exhausted.

"Okay fine. BUT, if I hear ONE wheeze coming from you, ONE WHEEZE Kiyoomi, you are putting me the fuck do- HOLD ON!"

He takes off his jacket and pulls it over you like a blanket and in one easy motion, he lifts you up effortlessly. Only now had you realised how muscular he really was after always dressing in clothes that covered his whole body. Man, this guy is ripped.

Wrapping one arm around his neck and placing the other on his chest, you balled up a little in an attempt to make yourself lighter.

"Omi if you're getting too tired just put me down okay?"

"I'm all good."

His breathing is normal and consistent, so that's good you think to yourself, reassured.

Sakusa continues to walk in the direction of the nurses office when he sees a couple of male students pointing at you, trying to get a better look at what was going on. His grip tightens as he holds you closer.

"Mine, only mine." was the only thing he was thinking.

You were too focused on trying to detect his any signs of struggling to notice his heart beating wildly beneath your palm. He glanced down at the top of your head which rested on his collarbone and smiled lovingly. 

How did I get so lucky today? 

To our lovely readers

Hello there! We're back with another update 🤩

To start of, THANK YOU FOR 1.9K READS!! Y'ALL ARE AMAZING 🕺🤪

Anyway, we would just like to let you know that school has been piling up a lot of work for us lately, so if the chapters don't turn out as great or as interesting as you may have hoped, please please please let us know. (Sakusa is more important than school. Periodt. 😘🥰)

Any feedback is highly appreciated, and as always, thanks for reading!

Stay safe and remember to take care of yourself!

From: 

Keku3ref