Chapter 28: Going Out

"So is there anything there?" my mom asks.
I gulp as cool breezes hit my body and aim at my stomach where the cold, gel was placed.
"Yep. There's definitely a baby in there," the doctor says as she still looks at the screen.
I look at my mom and she squeezes my hand in excitement.
About ten minutes later, me and my mom walk out of the room and into the waiting room where my dad and Ahk were. They stand up as they watch me and my mom approach.
"Well....." my dad says.
"The doctor said that I'm definitely pregnant!" I say.
"That's great, honey! I'm so happy for you!" my dad says as he hugs me.
I walk over to Ahk and hold his hand. "Welp. Let's go shopping!"

*time passes*

We decided to walk around the city after we finished shopping. It was so amazing to be able to spend time with both my parents and Ahk while also not having to worry about work. The sun was out, the weather was perfect, and there was a beautiful breeze that went by after each car passed us. We soon came up to a small cafe and stopped walking.
"Why are we stopping?" I ask as I put some of the shopping bags down.
"We're stopping to take a break," my mom starts. "And because me and your father want to spend some time with Ahk."
"So what am I supposed to do while you guys are gone?"
     "We've already thought about that. So that's why we're going to leave you with—"
Before my mom could finish her sentence, someone rams into my back. They give me a tight hug. I look at my parents confused and they just smile. Once the person is done hugging me, I slowly turn around.
     "Joana?!" I squeal. I immediately hug her back. Joana has been my best friend since we were in preschool. We haven't been able to hang out lately because we've both been busy working.
     "It's so nice to see you! I felt like I haven't seen you in forever!" Joana says.
After we finish hugging I turn back around and look at Ahk who's smiling at me.
     "Oh right. Joana this is my boyfriend. Ahk, this is my best friend," I say.
     "It's very nice to meet you," Ahk says as he shakes her hand.
     "It's nice to meet you too. I honestly had no idea you had a boyfriend, Y/N," she laughs.
     "Sorry to break up the little reunion, but we should probably get going," my dad says. "We'll meet you both back here in about an hour or two. I don't care where you guys go, but make sure you stay out of trouble."
Me and Joana nod as they turn to walk away. I quickly run up to Ahk and give him a kiss on his cheek. We watch them get farther and farther away from us until they eventually turn around the corner and disappear.

*time passes*

"So what is it that you love about Ahk?" Joana asks as she takes a sip of her milkshake.
"I mean...what isn't there to love about him? He's cute, funny, very protective of the people that he loves, he never gives up hope, and he's just an amazing person overall," I say grinning.
Joana nods as she swallows the rest of her milkshake. "How serious do you feel about your relationship?"
"Pretty serious. So serious that I think I'll spend the rest of my life with him."
I expected Joana to laugh at my statement, but instead she was understanding.
"I'm surprised that you're ok with all of this," I say as I wipe my mouth with a napkin.
"Well it's just that I've been having these dreams..."
I immediately look up at her. "Dreams?"
"Yeah. And you're always in it. And the weirdest part is that Ahk was in it too, but I never knew who he was until today."
"Do they feel real?"
"Well yeah. They feel more like deja vu though. I felt like I've already experienced everything in my dreams, but they seem so unfamiliar because I don't remember living in a place resembling a desert."
I start choking on my milkshake and Joana looks at me confused.
"Are you ok?" she asks.
"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine," I say. "I think it's time for me to come clean."
Joana furrows her eyebrows. "What do you mean?" she asks.
"Well it all started 3,000 years ago...." I begin.