Chapter 11: The Dream

I fix my hair as I look at myself in the mirror. I was really nervous for tonight. All eyes would be on me and I really didn't want to mess anything up. Once I'm finished with my hair, I put on my crown. I hear a knock on the door. I walk over to the door and my parents are standing in the doorway. They examine me from head to toe.
     "You look very beautiful," my mom says.
     "Just as beautiful as your mother," my dad says.
My parents kiss and I giggle. I twirl around as I look at how gorgeous my dress is.
     "The time has now come for you to make your grand entrance," my dad says.
I take a deep breath and lift up my dress from my feet so that I can walk without tripping over it. I walk out of the bedroom and walk to the closed doors of the ballroom. I hear chatter and someone's loud voice announcing everything.
     "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Queen-"
I can't even hear my name being shouted because of all of the loud cheers and applause. The guards open the doors and I slowly walk down the stairs. In the middle of the ballroom is the king himself, Ahkmenrah. His smile increases as I walk closer and closer to him. Once I stop in front of  him, we both bow.
     "My queen," he says.
     "My king," I say.
We take each other by the hand and wait for the music to begin. Once it begins, we start slow dancing. I can see everyone in the room looking at us in awe. My parents are standing near Ahk's parents. My mom and Ahk's mom, Shepseheret, are both crying tears of happiness. My dad wraps his arms around my mom. Ahk's dad, Merenkahre, nods at me and Ahk in approval.
     "Tonight is definitely a night we will remember forever," I whisper to Ahk.
     "Indeed, my love," he whispers back. "Indeed."