Chapter 15: True Love

The long hours at the museum always went by so quickly, especially when we had something to do. Before I knew it, the sun was starting to rise so we had to quickly get everyone back in their places.
I was walking Ahk to his tomb and kept looking up at him. He looked like something was on his mind.
     "You okay?" I ask.
     "Yeah. I'm just thinking about something," he says not looking at me.
     "Like what?"
     "Nothing," he says shaking off his thoughts.
     "Okay," I shrug. "Hopefully the sun isn't about to rise."
I speed walk over to his tomb and take off the lid. Instead of Ahk walking towards his tomb to get in, he just stands there.
     "Ahk what are you doing? You have to get in," I say.
     "Maybe—" he says. "Maybe I should go home with you."
I give him a surprised look. "Are you crazy?! If you step foot anywhere outside you're gone!"
     "I know, but—"
     "Guys what are you doing? The sun's about to rise," Larry says at the end of the hallway.
     "Ahk thinks it's a good idea for him to go home with me when he already knows that he'll turn to dust if he's outside and the sun has risen," I say as Nick and Larry walk up next to me.
     "Actually, he can," Larry says.
     "What?!"
     "Yeah he can be outside after the sun has risen. He's not wax like everyone else. And plus, Teddy told us that true love from someone alive can make someone like Ahk, alive again."
I look at Larry with my mouth wide open. "You're joking."
     "He isn't," Ahk and Nick say in unison.
     "But I don't want to risk it. I don't know what I'd do with myself if something happened to him. I'd literally die." I cover my mouth with my hand. I repeat what I just said over and over again.
     "Uhm Y/N, I mean, Sanura, are you okay?" Larry asks.
I turn around and look at them. "I did research yesterday and found out that Ahk was murdered by his own brother, Kahmunrah, and I was found dead sometime after his death. No one knows if he killed me or if I killed myself. I just said that if something  were to happen to Ahk that I'd literally die. So that means—" I pause as I realize what happened to me.
     "You killed yourself," Larry whispers.
     "Yeah," I say softly.
Ahk wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head. I look out the corner of my eye and see that Larry was down the hallway looking outside.
     "I'd make a decision on what you wanna do because the sun's almost up," Larry says.
Ahk holds my hands and smiles. He does a little nod and I already know what his decision is.
     "Are you sure?" I ask.
     "I am sure. I know that your love for me is true," he says. "You just have to believe it."
I gulp. "My love for you is true." I put one of my hands on his cheek and caress is it with my thumb. We walk hand and hand down the hallway and to the front of the museum. I look at the front doors of the museum as I see that the sun was almost risen. I look at Ahk and he gives me a small smile. I squeeze his hand tightly as I push the doors open. We stand on the staircase. I look down at my feet as I see shadows starting to appear. My heart starts to beat faster and faster as the world around me starts to get brighter. I feel something leave me hand. I hold my breath soon realizing that it probably didn't work. Once the sun is fully in the sky, I look around and Ahk is nowhere to be found.
I look over at Larry and Nick who had just came outside. A smile starts to spread on their faces. I frown and look at my car. Ahk was leaning on the car door.
     "So are you getting in or what?" he asks.