Chapter Eleven: Just A Shadow

(Everyone, please say thank you to Editor Paige [ Not_Annabeth_Chase ] for daily reminding/pushing me [in a good way] to update this because I felt awful for leaving you guys and wanted to continue but had 0 motivation. Thank you Editor Paige <3)

   Karl had been very helpful to them, which is probably why Tubbo felt slightly bad for him and Tommy sprinting out of the library as quickly as they could.

   "Did you get everything you needed?" Karl called after them, left inside the doorway of the building.

   Tommy nodded and spun around, running through the area backwards. "Yeah! Thanks K-Man!" He shouted as he ran. Tubbo stayed beside him to make sure he didn't run into anything, or anyone.

   The two sprinted through the now empty streets of the town, racing as fast as they could to get back to the ghosts. Tommy considered this to be just the lead they'd been looking for. Surely Wilbur would remember what this program was, and be able to elaborate more on the Mayor's actions after apparently losing. It was a perfect win-win situation. They got more information, they learn more about the Mayor--they might even arrest themselves a murderer.

   Wishful and very hopefully thinking, but it was enough to motivate both of them to get back to the house as quickly as possible.

   Tubbo double checked that the photo was still in his camera roll (having taken a photo of the document and article) as he ran. He wanted to make sure that they hadn't gone rushing off without everything they needed. He had glanced down at the screen, he'd swear for only a moment to check on the photo.

   Two seconds later he found himself sprawled out on the ground, taking someone else down with him.

   "Tubbo!" Tommy skittered to a stop and came over, clicking his tongue a little as he did. "And you lecture me about crashing into people," He said with a quick laugh. Despite the taunt, he did feel actually worried, and knelt down next to him. "Are you okay though?"

   "Yeah," Tubbo winced. A good portion of his knee had been scraped up from the impact of falling, and so were his hands. "I kinda just wish I could crash as gracefully as you do," he grumbled the joke. Tommy somehow always emerged okay whenever he ran into civilians.

   Oh right, Tubbo thought. The civilian.

   Someone sat up from the other side of Tubbo, having fallen backwards after the collision. "Sorry about that," They said and stretched out their arm. "I probably should have been paying more attention..."

   Tubbo shook his head. "You're okay, it was my fault," He said and looked at the person to apologize. When he did, he felt a little bad, because how on earth had he missed this guy? It was the really tall guy from Niki's bakery.

   Tall Guy, Tommy couldn't remember his name, waved it off and adjusted his gloves. "I wasn't paying attention either, maybe it's both our faults?" He suggested light heartedly. Afterwards, he looked over Tommy and Tubbo. "I...recognize you guys," He said, like he was focusing. "Were you two at Niki's earlier?"

   Tommy nodded, helping Tubbo up. "Yeah, we were--hey, aren't you that massive fellow?" He asked and looked at Tubbo. "How did you miss him?"

   "I don't know, why didn't you warn me?" Tubbo replied quickly.

   Tommy closed his eyes and dramatically placed his hand on his chest. "Because I was busy looking the correct direction, the one I wasn't supposed to."

   "Ah yes, that direction," Tubbo nodded. The two looked over when they heard Tall Guy snickering.

   "Wow, you guys get along really well," He said, and after he'd gotten to his feet himself, held out Tubbo's phone to him. "I'm Ranboo by the way, nice to meet you again."