Chapter One: A Nice Place

"I can't anymore, nope, nope, nope." Tommy slammed his head onto the desk for what could have very well been the third time that hour. He stayed against the wooden surface, not bothering to move any of the papers underneath his cheek--he hated them anyway. It was almost summer break after all, he couldn't wrap his head around why he had so much work in that case. It was beginning to get annoying, and visibly so.

"Can't what?" Someone asked behind him. Toby Smith, or 'Tubbo' as he preferred to be called, was Tommy's best friend and roommate, so whenever the blond was annoyed, it was pretty easy for him to deal with...or, it was most of the time anyway. He leaned back in his chair ever so slightly in order to look over at him more.

"School!" Tommy threw his hands up into the air and kept his face planted on the desk. "I am so annoyed with it all, I mean honestly, can we not anymore?" He asked and closed his eyes in a slight pout. He stayed like that for a little while more until he heard a small laugh, quickly being covered up. His eyes opened again and instantly narrowed at the boy across the room. "What's so funny?" He asked.

Tubbo shook his head, hand pressed against his mouth. "Oh, oh, nothing." He waved it off, but was very obviously amused.

"You're laughing at me Tubbo," Tommy frowned, and very overdramatically leaned back in his chair. "I feel betrayed! I'm suffering over here, and all my so-called 'life long friend' can do is watch my agony, and laugh at me!" He declared.

That was the final straw for Tubbo's ability to keep silent, and he did in fact start laughing. "Oh my gosh, stop being so dramatic!" He said, shaking his head. "It's just a little more work, and besides, it's almost over," he reminded him.

Tommy sighed. He supposed that was true. "Oh alright," he said and shook his head. "You're, you are very lucky I am in a forgiving mood today Tubbo, laughing at me like that..." He clicked his tongue and shook his head again. Tubbo rolled his eyes and looked back to his desk. Though, he was now thinking about something else.

"Hey, Tommy?" He asked and looked away again from his space.

"Yeah?"

"What're we gonna do when school's over anyway?" He asked, and watched as Tommy's expression turned thoughtful.

"Hmm, I dunno. Whatever we want I guess, you got a plan or somethin'?" Tommy asked him and silently hoped that if Tubbo did, it wasn't anything involving bees. Last summer there'd been a man with a honey farm that he showed off, and Tubbo had practically begged Tommy to go with him. Needless to say, if Tommy ever saw another bee on his arm, it would be too soon.

Tubbo shook his head. "Not really, I was just thinking we could hang out somewhere peaceful or something," he explained.

Tommy snorted. "Peaceful...you're not getting any peace so long as I'm there!" He declared proudly.

"You know what I meant! Peaceful-ish. Away from here so we don't even have to think about school until late August," Tubbo added to his idea so Tommy had more of an idea what he was thinking of.

Tommy nodded, bouncing his leg beneath his desk. "That does sound nice..." he said, glancing somewhat sourly at the papers once again. His laptop sat open on the surface of the desk, an essay halfway written and left alone. It'd been left alone for so long that it had recently slipped into screensaver mode. As cliché as it was, the slideshow was of photos from Tommy's camera roll. Places he'd been with Tubbo, random selfies taken for fun, family photos. Despite sometimes denying feeling a certain way, he would admit to himself that those photos did make him happy. They reminded him of people he cared about.

It had just been a photo Tubbo taken when the two had gone into the ocean together. They'd been on a small paddle boat, though Tubbo did most of the steering of it, Tommy was exaggerating the whole time. He watched as the photo changed to a calmer one, when he and his family had a nice Christmas party for the holidays. It'd been cold, but the general mood of the whole event was fast in bringing up the heat. Seeing his family and remembering the occasion made him feel less stressed...and also gave him an idea.