Who Killed the Watsons?

Hi everyone! It's Raven.

I've been a horrible author. And for that, I sincerely apologize.

As it's probably become painfully obvious, it doesn't look like I'll be continuing this story. For that, I also apologize. 

Dream SMP is not my main fandom anymore, though I do still casually enjoy it--unfortunately the ugly, ugly beast of writers block and burn out is once again knocking at my door, preventing me from writing almost anything, even for my current hyperfixation (hint: Rise baby! Rise baby!)

All in all though, this fic hasn't really left my brain. I started it when I was in my lockdown Junior year of high school and now I'm a Freshman in college--it's been a bit. But even though I don't think I can finish it...

That doesn't mean I never planned how it ended. 

Even though I don't think I will continue, you guys still deserve to know the story, what happened, what everything meant, and most importantly,

Who Killed the Watsons?

One thing I loved about you guys in the comments was watching everyone guess. I had people saying theories, and even just--random shit (to this day, my favorite person is the person who highlighted a completely random, unimportant sentence, and translated it to French--).  

I saw people throw out, obviously, Schlatt. A lot of good theories and points too. I think I remember a few Quackitys, I think even a Fundy, and maybe someone said Ranboo.

But I only remember ONE person getting it right

And even spookier, almost accurate

I do not remember their username but I remember being floored--and a bit excitedly spooked out, lol.

Because the murderer that Tommy and Tubbo have been spending these "pages" trying to find was none other than...

Dream.

Here's what happened.

After a fencing tournament against Techno (which, for real life, his death still affects me to this day and I never wanted to "predict" that, R.I.P Blade), Dream got into a fight with his at the time boyfriend, Fundy--over George. This is because Dream has been sneaking off recently--and Fundy suspects it has to do with George.

George tells Tommy and Tubbo that Dream used to live in L'Manburg in one chapter, he (Dream) left shortly after The Incident. 

Fundy and Dream fight, which causes Dream to storm out of Pogtopia (the diner) and basically run off to try and cool down. While George is a little bit of the reason, he's not entirely it. 

Up until this point, Dream had been dealing with some things...specifically, a demon. 

This demon had taken its place in his home, and his sneaking off was actually efforts to get rid of it--which he thought it did.

He just hadn't realized that the demon had found a much more comfortable place to be inside of him, rather than inside his house. 

So that night, caught up in a flurry of anger and emotion, the demon decides to take its turn in the driver's seat--leading to The Dreamon. 

The Dreamon wanders around the forest-y area for a bit until it happens upon a drunk and angry Schlatt, and a very annoyed Quackity. 

Schlatt is pissed because Wilbur is beating him, Quackity is over it. 

Schlatt is smoking as well, and after a comment made by Quackity, he pretty much spits out his cigarette (and drops his lighter) and storms over to yell at Big Q. The sound of talking (Wilbur and Phil) nearby makes Q paranoid, and he drags Schlatt out of there.

The Dreamon is really just focused on the voices.

And the lighter left on the ground. 

Seeing the opportunity for destruction, the Dreamon is the one to approach the side of the Watsons' home, light the nearby shrubbery on fire, and proceed to make it much, much worse.

We know what happens next.

But here's the "fun" part. 

The Dreamon's on it's way out, it's about to leave, when it hears a little crack

A 12 year old Ranboo, on his way to visit his friend (Techno) after his parents fought, is trying to hide behind a bush.  

The Dreamon just stares at where Ranboo is hiding, honestly the eyes are probably glowing, something creepy's happening.

But eventually it leaves--it leaves after thirty minutes.

After Wilbur, Phil, and Techno are already gone. 

And that's why Ranboo wears the gloves, the mask, and the sunglasses. Because he's scared that on that day, the Dreamon saw his face. And if it ever sees him again, he'll be next. 

So yeah. That's what happened. 

As for how it was supposed to end, Ranboo was supposed to crack with this, while Schlatt tried to kick Tommy and Tubbo out of L'Manburg (He and Q have been thinking for YEARS that it was Schlatt's cigarette that burnt down the house and they are PARANOID). 

Tommy and Tubbo were supposed to confront Dream, and remember all that salt he had? Boom, for the Dreamon. Now I'm not sure if they were supposed to fight the Dreamon or get rid of it, either way, it ended ended with Tommy and Tubbo asking Tommy's Aunt Kristin (yep, for those of you saying that Kristin and Phil were engaged [they were almost married] when Phil and the boys died, you were right) if they would be able to stay at the house--and she was going to say yes.

They could only afford to during the summers though, so it was totally supposed to have a gravity falls theme to it. 

Wow, it feels so good to get that out finally.

To everyone who came, read, anything like that--thank you. I know that it wasn't the most reliable story to read but you did anyway, and I appreciate it. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

And for the last time:

When the crypt doors creak,

and the tombstones quake,

Spooks come out for a single wake,

Happy Haunts materialize ,

And begin to socialize,

Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize. 

[P.S For anyone who was wondering, the cover of "Grim Grinning Ghosts" that I always used was specifically an acoustic guitar because it was supposed to symbolize Wilbur playing for the boys from beyond the grave :)]