32| Mudblood

The previous chapter question was answered by -LxcyBlxck (I'm proud) and Gryffindorgirlginny (long time, no see!)!!!!!!! Congratulations! You get tagged!

I feel bad...

I woke up wanting to write another sad chapter but then, realized how many sad chapters that I'd written. Well, this is a long one (but fun). Brace yourselves!

(I'm sorry about the depression filled replies I gave to you last chapter... something about a book claiming said person's soul)

This one is dedicated to AnnieDiAngelo1237 for simply being a cute, mature and amazing, supportive sister. I wuv u!

***

James walked with Sirius and Remus in utter silence until Padfoot spoke, "I wouldn't betray you..."

James gave him a small smile, "I believe you. Now, let's go back to the Griffindor common room before we are put into detention by Professor McGonagall, again."

They were walking through the corridors talking about stuff when, suddenly, they heard a familiar voice speaking in a room adjacent to them.

Snape.

“How extraordinarily like your father you are, Potter,” Snape said. Remus stiffened while Sirius fumed with anger, “Oh no, you don’t, Snivellus!”

But James realized something else –

“He too was exceedingly arrogant. A small amount of talent on the Quidditch field made him think he was a cut above the rest of us too. Strutting around the place with his friends and admirers… The resemblance between you is uncanny.”

“My dad didn’t strut,” said Harry. James was right. Harry was here but what were they doing here? Harry kept speaking, “And neither do I.”

A strange proud feeling swept into James as he saw his son standing up to his school rival.

“Your father didn’t set much store by rules either,” Snape went on. That was true but- “Rules were for lesser mortals, not Quidditch Cup-winners. His head was so swollen —”

SHUT UP!”

James stiffened. Students weren’t supposed to talk to professors that way, even if it was Snivellus. He would’ve entered the room and saved Harry from detention or worse, were it not for Lily –

James didn’t see her as she came and grabbed his hand, pulling him, Sirius and Moony into another corridor. “James, we need you there. Buckbeak lost his case. He is going to be executed.”

***

The Golden Trio, the Marauders, Lily and Hagrid were walking back up to the castle with the rest of the class.

Due to the security gone high, they hadn't been able to talk to him and now, as they headed back, they seized their chance.

Ahead they could see Malfoy, who was walking with Crabbe and Goyle, and kept looking back, laughing derisively.

“S’no good, Ron,” said Hagrid sadly as they reached the castle steps. “That Committee’s in Lucius Malfoy’s pocket. I’m jus’ gonna make sure the rest o’ Beaky’s time is the happiest he’s ever had. I owe him that. . . .”

Hagrid turned around and hurried back toward his cabin, his face buried in his handkerchief.

“Look at him blubber!”