28

Charlie drops Mila off at the crack of dawn

Charlie drops Mila off at the crack of dawn. It was so early that the only thing I remember from the encounter is Charlie complimenting my PJs and handing me a sleepy Mila and her night bag. Everything else after that is pretty foggy. Everything before on the other hand is quite vivid in my mind. If anyone told me a few weeks ago that I'd be opening up to Charlie Murtaugh about my disability, I'd call bullshit. But that was exactly what I did. And I don't regret it. I don't regret allowing him know me like that.

Well after pulling out the famous "people like you" and bawling my eyes out in front of him, there was no avoiding it. Especially after he told me the reason why he's so hellbent on keeping his accident private. I feel my cheeks warm up at the remembrance of Charlie's hands around me as I sobbed against his chest. It's very odd that even with how upset I was, all I could think about was the warmth of his hands as he rubbed my back and whispered how sorry he was in my ears and his smell. Oh my God. His smell. I could smell him forever.

Snap out of it Lorraine. It was only one conversation.

Yes. One hell of a decent conversation. And I'm not going to lay here all day and overanalyse everything until I come up with a reason to make it bad.

It was only 8 in the morning when my alarm woke me up. I forgot to turn the damned thing off. Mila seems to be a deep sleeper because she did not stir through the horrendous sound. Although, I'd much rather prefer to stay in and scan through my Instagram it's a good thing I'm up early. Gives me time to whip something up so that Mila can have a decent breakfast. I was going to order some McDonald's breakfast but I don't think it's healthy for a child to have delivered food twice in a day. So I flip around slowly in the bed to ensure that I don't wake her up-which doesn't seem likely as she's sound asleep- and climb out of my bed.

Mila is so adorable. I can't help but lean in and plant a kiss on her chubby cheek like I've been doing all morning. It's just she's so cute and I love chubby babies. She makes a cute little noise and I freeze, terrified that I've woken her up. I let out a heavy sigh when she only turns on her side. Taking that as my cue to leave, I grab my phone from the bed and tip toe out of the room making sure to shut the door silently.

The house is quiet and the only sound is my bare feet thudding on the hardwood floor as I strut to the kitchen. My phone dings in my hand. It's a message from Charlie.

iMessage
Today 08:11

How are you guys? Everything OK??

I lean against the breakfast table.

Yeah. Mila's still sleeping. I'm gonna make us something to eat.

You cook?

Nope. just gonna try not to trigger the smoke alarm and hope for the best.