18

They say you go through 5 stages of grief

First, it's denial. I spent 72 hours of my life laying in bed, staring at a wall and telling myself nothing is going on-that everything would be fine-as I conveniently ignored the sh*tstorm happening in the little apple device that my friends eventually decided to leave on my nightstand. I think they finally realised they couldn't hide my phone away from me forever. Or maybe they did it to get a reaction out of me-I'm pretty sure I freaked them out by not leaving my bed for days (well except to meet the delivery guy)

Whatever the reason must have been, it worked. The moment I picked it up and went on my social media account, I successfully made it into the second stage-Anger.

For me, this was a needed stage. Reading those comments and seeing what people said about me made me so mad. Another 4 days was spent hating everything and everyone. I was determined to make everyone's life miserable, which now looking back at it was kind of selfish as the people at the end of my wrath were my friends and parents. They who had absolutely nothing to do with the problem.

There was a silver lining though-on the second day of my anger phase, I managed to get out of bed, stress cleaned whilst listening to aggressive heavy metal rock music which I have no business with, emailed my teachers about my absence from missed classes and got some work done.

It's funny how motivated you are when you don't give a shit about the world.

And then on the 4th day, two songs into Let it bleed by the Rolling Stones and my fingers tapping seamlessly along to the beat against the keyboard of my laptop, a thought popped into my head (cue the bargaining stage.) If I made a video explaining my part of the story, maybe everyone would finally see that I'm not the kind of person I've been painted out to be. Determined to make things go back to normal, I woke up the next day and made note of a few points I needed to address before sitting in front of my camera.

The depression stage wasted no time in showing up. As soon as I pressed that record button, a feeling of patheticness (if that's even a word) engulfed me in whole making me feel like a bigger looser than Jim Levenstein -and we all know that dude was a loser. No offence to the producers of American Pie.

Why would anyone care about what I've got to say? It seems like they've all made up their mind. Besides how many minds am I planning to change exactly? They'll probably see the video and find something else to say. I've seen so many celebrities get their apology videos dragged in the mud-not saying that the situations can be compared but it is quite similar.

I don't understand why anyone would want to say vile things about other people-someone they don't know on a situation they know nothing about. No matter what, I never make a nasty comment under celebrity drama posts because:-
1. I believe in the karma which has forced me to become a fairly decent human being.
2. You can never know the true story. These accounts will say anything to cause drama and satisfy their audience (and yes, that's the reason I'm following the gossip accounts because everyone want a bit of drama in their life. Most people just don't know how to react nicely to it and that sucks.)