Into a new mystery of a serpent

I was in my room taking out all the winter clothes mom had just recently bought me so I can choose to wear one to school once done

I get to school and just about lunch time.

"I told her I wouldn't do it. Not unless you're up there with us, Jug."

"I appreciate the righteous indignation, Betty, I do, but Jubilees aren't my thing."

"Jug, how's your dad? Did you get in to see him?"

"Here's the latest. Mayor McCoy wants my dad to name names in exchange for a lesser sentence."

"What?"

"Whose names?" I asked

"The Serpents. Sheriff Keller thinks they're the ones dealing the drugs that Clifford Blossom brought into the town." I scoffed

"My dad says more and more drugs are hitting the streets."

"Kevin, relax, this isn't The Wire. My dad says they're not the ones dealing."

"And meanwhile, Mayor McCoy hasn't even said the words "Clifford" or "Blossom" in public. It's all about how the Serpents are the problem, the villains. This is outrageous. I'm writing an article about this, and not just for The Blue and Gold, for The Register. This is a town story."

"Okay, as long as the article doesn't include my dad."

"No, it is going to be about your dad, Jug. It doesn't matter how many Jubilees Mayor McCoy throws. This town's changed. That needs to be acknowledged. Why are people so afraid of the truth?"

"For real" I said popping a carrot into my mouth

"Speaking of the truth... Archie and I wanted to tell you..."

"We've kissed a couple of times." 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘉𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘫𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 I though

"It's okay, Vee. I appreciate you being honest with me, but I'm with Jughead now. If you guys want to be together, I'm happy for you."

"Thanks, Bee."