Pickens day

Pickens day a day my parents truly hate. At school

in the common area Betty showed us a picture of her found older brother

"Well, he's very fetching for someone who was living on Skid Row."

"Yeah, he's a hottie who looks incredibly familiar to me, by the way."

"Your adventures in the woods?"

"I don't know, but maybe if we were allowed to meet this hottie in person..."

"Chic's still acclimating. And I'm trying to get him to trust me, but my mom is treating him like he's a ten-year-old and my dad's acting like he's the devil's spawn."

"That's odd" I said

"Well, I have an amazing idea. Bring The Omen to Pickens Day and we can all meet him. Everyone's coming, right?"

"Nope not a inch if I'm seen their by my parents are gonna be having a big fit"

"Why?"

"*Sighs* let's just say my parents have rights to have issues towards it so yep"

"No, because the Serpents weren't invited."

"The Serpents were specifically asked to come."

"Yeah, to provide security. It's like we're all on the Snowpiercer train, but the Serpents happen to be the ones eating the cockroaches."

"You don't have to work if you don't want to."

"esta garota é realmente uma cabeça-dura se ela pensa que está ajudando com qualquer serpente (this chick is a really airhead if she thinks she helping with any Serpents)" I said to myself in Portuguese

"The damage, as they say, has already been done. Talk to you guys later."

"Plans with Toni?" Oof you can feel the jealousy

"Uh, yeah, I'm interviewing her grandfather for my oral history report. The oldest living Serpent."

"Oh I want to go I always wanted to meet the oldest living Serpent" I said holding his arm after school me jug and Toni went to her place and meet her grandfather

"Thanks again for meeting with me. Toni told me that you're one of the founding members of the Serpents."

"Yes. The snake, the laws, it's all based on Uktena tradition."

"Who were the Uktena?"

"Uktena is a serpent, a horned serpent, a water serpent." I said

"She right" said her grandfather to me

"Celeste how did you know that"

"When I was younger my grandmother always told me tales of the uktena tried and how they were affected my family and took the story to heart"