ᑕʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ Tʷᵉⁿᵗʸ Tʷᵒ

#22

' REDAMANCY :
ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ; ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ '

𑁍︎.𑁍︎.𑁍︎

When high school was over, and all was done: finals, tests, schoolwork and all that, life seemed pretty– well, almost normal. Keebo had already had his college picked out; he was going to study more engineering and science like his father, but also wanted to go into medicine like his mother did.

The..... incident on what happened to the Saihara's was on all the news stations since that night Keebo and Kokichi escaped their apartment. Apprently Shuichi's uncle was rumored to have been solving a case somewhere in the mountains out in the countryside, and thus the excuse for nobody having contact with him for a few weeks. His wife went missing a little later, and her body was found buried in the woods. The Tragedy of the Saihara's  was what the terrible incident was called. The poor nephew who was claimed to have been stabbed 17 times was seen as nothing but a poor victim to the public, yet was rumored behind the scenes to have killed his aunt and uncle, and the broken front door was thought as a clue some intruder broke in and killed Shuichi.

But that was months ago. And Keebo wanted to think of it as nothing but a bad memory. Now, he and Kokichi lived together in an apartment of their own; though, in a different town close to Keebo's collage. Of course Keebo would go visit his father from time to time, checking up and making sure he was taking care of himself as he had a habit not to.

And for Kokichi? Well... he was almost the same.

Almost.

When he was alone with Keebo, they were fine. But whenever they went out in public, Kokichi seemed... to have trust issues around anyone. Understandable. But the problem was how concerning he made Keebo feel; as Kokichi would quietly threaten others who showed Keebo any sort of negativity, or he would grip Keebo's hand when girls would walk past them. Kokichi had gone as far as to shout and threaten like a wild manic at some of Keebo's classmates from college who were giving him a hard time.

"TOUCH HIM AND I'LL KILL YOU!"  He would scream and cry until Keebo dragged him away.

Keebo never once blamed Kokichi for anything. That night, after he saw what Kokichi had done, he took him quickly to Kokichi's apartment without a word and began to clean up Oma's injuries and made him a cast for his wrist. They both fell asleep afterwards. Well, Kokichi did anyway. Keebo didn't think he ever got a normal full night's rest since then.

Keebo knew. He knew what the considered right thing to do would to be to take Kokichi in to the police, to find him help. But Keebo couldn't. He wanted nothing but to forget the past. To forget and live their lives how they wanted. He loved Kokichi so much, and Keebo knew how much Kokichi loved him in return. They loved each other more than anything. How could Keebo betray Kokichi's love by putting him behind bars? Keebo's heart couldn't do it.

"AH! Kee.. Keebo!"   Kokichi cried and yelled out in his sleep, stretching and kicking around, becoming tangled in the sheets. "He's killing me..!"

Kokichi had nightmares overnight. It was so frequent, and Keebo became so used it, that he wasn't even surprised when this happened. It began a habit for Keebo to stay away all night, holding and comforting Kokichi throughout the night as the nightmares came and go.

"I'm here,"  Keebo would gently promise, pulling Kokichi close to him. He would brush Kokichi's hair out of his face, softly blow cool air on Kokichi's sweating face, and hum and whisper him back to sleep. But Keebo knew it was never enough.

"Can you sign something for me? I need to collect signatures for a college thing."

"Sure.."

Keebo quickly put the paper he got Kokichi to sign in his bag and headed for the front door, but as he stepped out the door, Kokichi grabbed his wrist.

"P-please.. come back soon... don't talk to anyone... don't... don't –" Kokichi would panic, begin to become frantic and anxious. He did whenever Keebo left the house. Unlike Keebo, Kokichi hardly ever left their apartment. He always stayed inside except on the occasions they went out together. Kokichi became a hermit; never leaving unless dragged out.

"Kokichi," Keebo would hug him and kiss his forehead. "I'll come back. It's just until this evening. ." He assured, burying his face into Kokichi's purple hair. Kokichi had such a sweet, relaxing scent. Keebo could get sleepy and stay like this forever; close to his lover.

"Don't worry... I'll... do my best to fix this..." Keebo murmered to himself, hugging Kokichi tightly like he might vanish. "I'll do anything to help you stop hurting..."

Another good thing about burying your face in someone's hair was that someone couldn't see you crying.

.
.
.

"So, your name is Keebo IIdabashi?"

"That's correct, sir."

"And his name is Kokichi Oma?"

"That's...correct, sir.."

The man leaned back into his chair behind his large furnished desk. He had a nice dark maroon suit on. His jet-black hair gelled back and he wore black shades that balanced on his perfectly carved roman nose. The man looked over a few papers in his hands.

"And you're aware, that when you agree to our terms to join Danganronpa, we will wipe your memories to implant fake ones?"

"..Yes.. I'm aware.."

The man chuckled. "Not many people talk about that dark fact when joining the most popular source of entertainment our world has seen."

Keebo had his fists clenched in his lap as he stared at his lap.

"It's... the only reason I'm agreeing to this." Keebo muttered.

The man raised a brow. "Got things you wanna forget?"

Keebo didn't answer. He didn't need to. No. He could live with his memories, but he knew someone who couldn't.

When the man realized he wasn't getting an answer, he laughed and leaned over, pushing the papers across the desk towards Keebo. 

"Just sign here young man, and the rest of us will take care of it. Don't worry, we'll come get you guys when we need you. Prolly won't be too long considering the newest season is almost over," he said, handing Keebo a pen.

The white-headed male stared at the dotted line, pen in his hand, and swallowed. Kokichi was going to forget everything; including–

"Me.."

Keebo pushed those thoughts in the back of his head and quickly wrote his name on the paper and handed it back to the man, whom smiled back when he saw the signatures and greeted Keebo with a toothy grin as he spoke:

"Welcome to Danganronpa."

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· . ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°