CHAPTER XXIII

Arizona

I woke up happy. I had an amazing night, with my amazing girlfriend and I couldn't ask for more. I looked over to Callie's side of the bed and found it empty. I knew now that she was an early riser and absolutely loved breakfast. Swinging my legs off the bed, my feet touched the floor and I stood up, grabbing Callie's shirt from off the ground and pulling it over my head. I put on my underwear that hanged on one of the bed poles and I got out of the bedroom. 
In the kitchen was Callie, shaking her booty as she should with earbuds plugged in her ears. I also learned in the course of our relationship that she loved to dance to whatever song that comes on, whether it be on the radio or wherever. She was cooking things that I recognized as bacon and some other things. I think she sensed that I was around since she told me something without turning around.
"Hey babe, why don't you wake up Teddy? Breakfast's almost ready."
She pulled out one of her earbuds and finally faced me.
"Okay. Good morning."
"Good morning. The usual coffee?"
"I'm feeling spontaneous today. Can you add cream and sugar into that?"
"Sure."

I barged into the room Teddy was in and jumped on her bed.
"WAKE UP!"
She groaned and her body bounced as I continued to jumped on the bed.
"Heavens Zona will you shut the fuck up? I'm sleeping!" 
I stopped jumping and pushed her off the bed. She landed on the floor with a thud.
"There's coffee in the kitchen. Better grab some before I devour the entire pot." I said and walked out. Right on cue, she ran past me and into the kitchen.
"Well good morning to you too." Callie said to Teddy as I walked into the kitchen.
"Just give me my damn coffee."
Callie poured Teddy a cup and handed it to her.
"If you want cream or any shit on that, help yourself."

Teddy settled with cereal as she didn't have the appetite to eat a proper meal. I on the other hand, loved anything that Callie cooked. Callie and I shared the food she cooked and I ate the food that was supposed to be Teddy's. 
A knock on the door interrupted us from our breakfast and Teddy offered to open it. Teddy walked back in the kitchen with Mark behind her.

"To what do we owe you this morning Mark?" Callie said while pouring Mark a cup of coffee.
"You know just what I need Torres. Got any more food? I forgot to get groceries and I had the gut feeling that you two never ran out of food so I came by."
"So do we just go here if we want food? I mean I'm not complaining though. I hate cooking." Teddy said as she ate her cereal.
"You two stop right there. She's not a chef. Okay well she is, but she's my chef. She only gets to cook for me. Am I right Calliope?" I stopped and looked at Callie.
"Right on baby. But I don't mind--"
"Uh no. They don't get to share you."
"Damn Robbins, I didn't know you were this possessive." Mark snickered.
"I should be. I happen to date the hottest woman that set foot on this planet."
"You get that attitude right and you might just end up with me in bed tonight." Callie said while raising one brow at me.
"I'm outta here. Let's go Mark. These two couldn't keep their hands off of each other last night." Teddy said as she grabbed Mark.
"Right. That reminds me. Make sure you bang Teddy extra bomb tonight or whatever time of day you guys decide to get it on Mark. She needs it bad."
"CALLIE!" Teddy widened her eyes at what I said.
"Thanks for that Cal." Mark winked at me and they both left my apartment as the front door shut close.

After the two left, we took our time to look extra presentable today as the two surgeons were coming in. The Chief wanted us to be at our very best and so what other way than to look good. When we were satisfied with how we looked, we directly went to the hospital and made sure that we wouldn't miss meeting these surgeons.

xxx

We all waited for the Chief to come in the conference room. I talked to Callie as we waited and then the Chief finally came in. 
"As you all know, the 2 surgeons are coming in today. They will be coming in any minute now. Dr. Shepherd is waiting for them in the lobby and will bring them in here."

Not one minute has passed and Derek came in with the 2 surgeons behind him. I swore one of them looked awfully familiar. And that's when I saw it.

"Alright. Good morning people, This is Dr. Izzie Stevens and Dr. George O'malley. They will be our new trauma surgeons. I may have failed to mention that they are finalizing their move, here to Seattle Grace. Let's give them a warm welcome."

Everyone cheered and clapped but not me. My fucking bastard of an ex-husband is here. And that woman, is who he cheated on me with hundreds of times. I was far from pleased from the news we received. 
Things settled down and all I wanted to do was drag George out and throw him out the window including that Izzie woman. I noticed Izzie's eyes widened when she saw me and George was looking right at me, a sick smile on his face. 
I just wanted to punch that smile off of his face. I felt a hand slip into mine and grasp it tightly. I looked over at Arizona and she had the warmest smile. I couldn't help but feel a little better. But I knew I had to deal with this and tell her. I reached over to whisper something to her.

"I need to talk to you. After this."
Her face flashed a look of worry but she hid it with by smiling and giving me a small nod.
The Chief gave us the cue that we all go back to work and I immediately pulled Arizona into an on call room.

"What is it Calliope?"
"Please don't be mad. I've been wanting to tell you this for the longest time, but we just didn't have the time. Please. Promise me you're going to stay after I say this."
I took her hand and I could feel tears brimming my eyes.
"Jeez Callie, you're scaring me."
"Just promise me you won't leave me."
"I promise. What is it?"
"I'm married. That trauma guy earlier. He's my husband. I left him. We are not together anymore but he didn't send him the divorce papers I sent him long before I moved here. I don't love him anymore Arizona if that's what you're thinking. I know I messed up by not telling you right away. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."
Her pulled away her hands from mine and let it drop to her sides. I felt the tears spill and I could hear my heart crack inside my chest.
"You--re married?" She avoided my gaze.
"I still am. But I promise you I will confront him and tell him to give the divorce papers to my lawyer. Arizona please. Look at me."
She looked at me and I could see that she was disappointed in me.
"Callie." Her tone was serious and I think she made up her mind.
"You're leaving me." I finished for her.
"No. I'm not. But will you give me time to think about this? It's-- everything is too much. I need time to process this. Will you give me that?"
"Yes. Sure. Take the time you need but please don't give up on me Arizona."
"Okay. I should go back to work."
"Okay. I love you."
"You too."

When she didn't fully say it back, my heart broke. She always said it back. I was mad at myself. I composed myself and went out of the room. When I got to the Ortho floor, I saw that George was there and I was instantly infuriated.

"Dr. Torres. May I speak with you for a moment?" He said.
"Sure. What do you need?" I spat at him.
"Can we have this conversation in private?"
"How about you say it right here right now?" I was beyond mad. How dare he fly all the way here just to annoy me.
"It's best if we speak in private."
"Fine. Make it quick. I have surgeries."

I took him to the room where I usually break casts whenever I get negative emotions in me. I picked up a hammer and started banging on the cast laying around.

"Callie, will you stop that please? Let's talk."
"WHAT'S THERE TO TALK ABOUT? YOU CHEATED ON ME! HUNDREDS OF TIMES. I GAVE YOU ENOUGH CHANCES AND WHAT? YOU STILL DID IT ANYWAYS!" I was fuming. Everything was just so messed up. I just wanted to be in Arizona's arms that instant.
"Come back to me Callie. I know I failed as your husband--"
"Ex-husband. Just stop. Stop asking me to come back. Because I'm never coming back to you. I'm happy now. The happiest that I've ever been. Do me a favor and please leave me be."
"Callie--"
"No. You don't get to decide on what I want. You lost that right a long time ago. George just sign the damn papers and send them in."
"No."
"No? Are you seriously doing this?"
"Yes. I want you Callie. I want you back."
"Let's see what my father thinks then."
"Now now Callie, don't bring him into this."
"Uh. NO. You started this. And I will put an end to it."

I pulled out my phone and called my dad, with the hopes that he picks up. And he did.

"Hello Mija."
"Hey daddy. So George is here."
"WHAT IS THAT BASTARD DOING THERE?!"
"Apparently, he thinks I'm taking him back."
"Put the phone on speaker, I want to speak to this moron."
I put the phone down on the table, on speaker.

"O'MALLEY, YOU LEAVE MY DAUGHTER ALONE OR I'M COMING FOR YOU."
"Sir, she's my wife."
"SIGN THE DAMN PAPERS AND SEND THEM IN! OR DO YOU WANT ME TO CUT YOUR PENIS OFF?"
"Okay! Okay! I'm signing them."
"I'm flying there right this instant. I want to make sure you will not give my daughter and her girlfriend a hard time on this."
My dad ended the call and George looked at me like I was some sort of criminal.
"Girlfriend? Really Callie? You moved on that fast?"
"And you care because? It's not like I cheated or something."
"Now that's just low."
"Rot in hell George."

I left the room and went to the nearest bathroom. I was breathing heavily out of anger and I could feel an anxiety attack coming in. I sat down on the floor, heaving, trying to calm myself down. Million thoughts were running through my head but one of them was clear as day.

Arizona.