Chapter 6 - Part of Him

One Week Later, Branch's Home

Poppy woke up, yawning. He opens his eyes then look around him.

"Guess I'm in his body again" he sighed.

Branch gets up and grabbed the book labeled 'Poppy' if he needed to do something important. Gosh he always have to do a lot of stuff that doesn't include fun.

"If we're gonna switch, do not tell anyone this and just do the following" Branch read. Must be really serious she thought.

After finished reading, he knew he had to do it. It seemed very important to him. As much as she hated him, wait, that's a strong word for her-

As much as she disliked him, she had a feeling that she wants to make him trust her. But why? Her guts and heart says so.

30 Minutes Later

Branch (Poppy) made sure nobody followed him, because he was told to make sure not to be.

Climbing up the mountain, the gray troll had the chance to see the whole village. It was a beautiful view for him.

Branch turned around to find a large tree down the mountain. "That must be it" he said. He slides down the mountain and walked closer.

The gray troll noticed a large rock with an opening around it, exactly what the instructions said. He went inside and, the first thing he saw was.. drawings? He investigated closer and see some sort of shooting star, splitting apart and collide. Somehow, it felt like he should know this, but doesn't.

But this isn't why he was here. He recalled reading the book,

"Now don't ask why, but there's a bottle somewhere in the closet. Inside is just something a part of me, which I have to place tomorrow
P.S. don't ask what the bottle inside is made out of, it's simply just a part of me."

Branch has reached the end of the opening. He grabs the bottle out of his hair and place it down the rocky platform.

"Now he said to meditate here for an hour or two" He sat down and closed his eyes, taking deep inhales and exhales. This will be boring

Two Hours Later, Back to Popville

Branch came back all happy and excited to see what the trolls are up to. The beats starting, and everyone are about to sing again. Recognizing the beat, the gray troll grins "Oh man this song!" he and ran to where the everyone is.

I got this feeling inside my bones

It goes electric wavy when I turn it on

The trolls looked at Branch, feeling even more up to it now

And if you want it inside your soul Branch's dad continued from the other side of everybody

Just open up your heart, let the music take control both the trolls sang

I got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my feet
I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops

Ohh~ I can't take my eyes off of it, So don't stop

And under the lights when everything goes, nowhere to hide when I'm getting you close
When we move, well, you already know

So just imagine, just imagine, just imagine The beat starts rising up

Nothing I can see but you when you dance, dance, dance the whole village started singing

Feeling good, good, creeping up on you
So just dance, dance, dance

Ain't nobody leaving soon
So keep dancing

I can't stop the feeling!
So just dance, dance, dance

I can't stop the feeling!
So just dance, dance, dance

Come on Branch finished

The trolls cheered out loud at Branch and his father.

"Didn't think you had that much energy in you bud" his dad said, rustling Branch's hair playfully.

"I always had it inside me" Branch chuckled a bit and smiled. "I mean, every troll does" he turns around and faced the trolls in front of him.

Branch's dad smiled at the younger troll, but slowly faded to a neutral face. "Hey, Branch. I want to talk about something privately" he quickly said to the gray troll.

Branch turned back to the elder troll, and saw him walking away to the opposite side of where everyone is. That doesn't sound appealing.. Taking a quick deep breath, he followed him.

When the other trolls are no longer in sight, Branch's dad looked at him in the eye. Not in a threatening way, and for sure not in a good way either.

"You're not Branch, are you?"

Branch tensed up a bit on the question. Does he.. does he know? "What are you talking about  dad? I am Branch" he nervously smiled..

"Well you are, but" His dad bent down to level of Branch's height. "Are you dreaming right now?"

Branch backed up a bit. "What makes you think I am?" he asked.

"Y'know what nevermind" His dad said. "Just a bit worried about you"

"Well- thanks for the concern dad" Branch thanked.

Ding!

Both the male's hug time bracelet set off. Without hesitation, they gave each other a hug.

"Anyways, I'm heading back home. It was really nice to sing" Branch said, waving goodbye as he walked off.

His dad thought a bit. "Is this what they call identity disorder?"

Branch's Room

Branch grabbed the book labeled 'Poppy' and dropped it down the desk and sat down. He grabs a scissor and paper. The real Branch said not to scrapbook, but who cares. No one can stop her.

He quickly speed run the scrapbooking, summarizing the day. After a minute or two, he finished.

Branch closed the book and stood up, immediately jumping on the bed. The best thing he liked about all this switching, is the bed. Gosh it's so fluffy and soft, despite some part of it are patched up.

Not too long until the gray troll drifted off to sleep.