Chapter 12 - United

"Come on Branch, give it a rest" the blue troll sighed.

"Just trust me with this dad! I know that comet will strike down" Branch said, practically begging now.

The elder troll crossed his arms, getting a bit tired of this. "Look, maybe you just need some rest. You seem really tense. I can walk you home if you-"

Branch was getting sick of it now. All he wanted to do is save everyone.. and himself. He pulled the elder troll down with his tie and stared dead in the eye. "Listen to me for once! I don't understand why you're not hearing me out. Did I do something wrong in the past that hurt you?"

"I.." his dad stayed silenced. Shocked and what seemed to be triggered.

Branch noticed this, and immediately let go of their tie.

"Branch-.. no." the blue troll stuttered. "Who are you?"

The gray troll's eyes widen. Does he know that he isn't talking to his son..?

"First, you went to go to Trollstopia yesterday, and now this?" his dad said.

He visited Trollstopia? But- she never saw him once.. she thought.

"I'll just.. be on my way" and without another word, Branch ran away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He didn't know what to do. All he can do now is the plan he first created. He tried to find Guy, but then a sudden realization came to his mind. He stops and turned to the mountain. The original owner of this body must be over there.. I just know it.

Just when Branch was about to run up the mountain, he heard Guy Diamond yelling his name.

"Branch! How did it go?" The glittery troll yelled from a distance.

"Didn't go well. Just stick to the plan I originally planned" Branch yelled back and disappeared in the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pink troll didn't know what to do. He was hugging his legs and stared down the ground, until he heard an echo.

"Branch!!"

That was his name.. and his voice. Standing up, he looked around to where that echo came from. He attempted to call out her name.

"Poppy..?!"

She heard her name being called out. "That must be him" she said to herself. She starts running to the other side of the mountain.

"Where are you.." He then did the same, running to the other side.

After a moment or two of running, the two trolls felt each others sensation that they passed by each other.

Branch: Poppy.. are you..

Poppy: ..right here?

The two trolls reached out, and nothing. Disappointed, both looked down the ground. That is, until, the brightness of the surroundings changed. Looking back up, they noticed it's the time of neither morning and night.

"The magic hour.." both trolls said, and heard each other's voice. Gasping, they looked right back in front of them.

"Branch.." Poppy said, happy to see the gray troll face-to-face for once in a lifetime.

"Poppy.. is that really you?" Branch said, scanning around the pink troll. "How- and why-"

Poppy nervously chuckled. "Well.. I may or may not drank that 'part of you' stuff from the bottle"

Branch gasped. "YOU- you- drank that..?" he was now blushing red in embarrassment. Remembering what Poppy has done with his relationships from the past, he was now annoyed. "You damn CUPID QUEEN!"

"WHA- what are you talking about?!" Poppy asked, dumbfounded.

"That's right! Almost every time you keep making every relationship I have with everyone like they're special for me!" Branch crossed his arms, groaning.

"I- uh-.." Poppy didn't know how to reply. "I'm sorry" she chuckled, playing with her hair.

Branch noticed the thing Poppy was using to tie her hair. "Wait.. is that-"

"Oh yeah, you visited Trollstopia before I even knew you" Poppy said and undid the ribbon from her hair and handed it to the rightful owner.

"Hmm.." Branch stared down to the red ribbon. "You know what? You can keep it"

Poppy looks at the gray troll, confused. "Really?" she gets a nod in reply. "That's nice of you!" she gave him a hug.

"Y-Yeah.. uhm-" Branch wanted to hug back so bad, but didn't have the courage to do so.

Poppy lets go off Branch and wore back the ribbon. "How do I look?"

Branch scanned Poppy from top to bottom. "Totally look bad" he replied sarcastically.

"Oh stop it" Poppy chuckled and nudged her shoulder to his, getting a laugh in reply. "But anyways, Branch. There's still something you have to do"

Branch looked up and gasped. "The comet.."

"You still have an hour and a half to encourage your dad. I tried two times, but he wouldn't listen" Poppy said.

She then explained her plan to evacuate the town to Branch.

"Woman, you really did thought all these to reduce the panic of the town and get them to safety huh?" Branch acknowledged.

Poppy giggled. "Well, what are queens for"

Both the trolls noticed the time between morning and night is almost over.

"Looks like this will be goodbye" Poppy said, frowning.

"..For now" Branch enlightened. "Worry not, Pops. Because after all this.." he held up both the pink troll's hands. "We will be reunited"

"You're right" Poppy smiled.

"Oh and before you go and save the village" Poppy pulled up a marker and wrote in Branch's hand. "Let's right down each others names, and we'll never forget each other" she then gave the marker to him.

Branch nodded and was about to write on Poppy's hand, until he suddenly disappeared and the marker dropped down the ground.

"Branch?" Poppy looked around, searching for the gray troll. She looks back down to the unfinished wording on her hand. "Branch." She said his name and looked up the sky. "That's okay! I'll remember your name no matter what"

"Branch, Branch, Branch" the pink troll said repeatedly. She squat down and grabbed the marker. About to write his name on her hand, she stopped.

"Who.. are you?" Poppy asked. "And why am I here for.."

She answered herself with "I came to see someone important to me, someone I don't ever want to forget, someone that I have a strong connection with;" she paused for a moment, and said the last one she wanted to say. "Someone I'm in love with"

"Who was it again.. who, who?!" Poppy covered her face with her hands.

"What's your name!?"