𝐂𝐡𝐩 𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

20 minutes later...
"Hmmm... all these dresses are gorgeous but I feel like you need something a little... more of what I'm imagining," Lisa said.
"Oh how about this one? Try this one on."
"It's pretty but I want something a little less poof, I want to be able to walk around easily."
"Kaeya, have you seen anything fitting for Y/N?" Lisa said with a grin.

What is she doing?!...

"I have, but it looks a little unfinished. I thought it would look marvelous on Y/N if only it was sewn up a bit." Kaeya replied.
"Oh you must be talking about that piece of mine, it's one of my best works so far yet it's quite difficult to hold still together, the silk falls off in less than a minute,"
"I tried using a little magic but I never tried using it on this type of silk before. Without experience with this silk, I cannot proceed to continue this piece I'm sorry,"
"Let me bring it over."
Your mother went to grab an unfinished dress with soft silk and pretty gems along with a sketch.
"This is it,"
"That's perfect! I love the design." Lisa said.
"Wow, such a pretty dress," you gasped, that dress looked like it was made for a princess.
"I'll be happy to help you Mrs. L/N, I'm very well experienced with magic. I've brought this book with me in case of an outfit emergency."
"Oh my. Thank you so much Lisa." Your mother smiled.
As Lisa and your mother were fixing the dress-up, Amber suggested finding a place to eat.
"Sorry Amber but I'm quite tired from all this searching. I'll take a rest, go on ahead."
"Oh okay! Have a good rest," said Amber as she scurried off.

The ball should be in a few hours, we should be heading back pretty soon before the gate closes. It's relaxing being home again, sitting on the grass where I played as a child.

You closed your eyes, feeling the cold breeze brushing against you. Wait it was still cold? Oh it's just Kaeya.
"Hello Y/N." Kaeya went ahead to lay on your lap.
"Oh-Hey Kaeya-"
You smiled and patted his head. You and Kaeya were quite close back when you trained together so you were used to Kaeya's sudden presence. Such a weirdo, yet a cute one. Still trying to get used to physical contact though, simple shoulder leans and chin rest still give an effect on you.
"I have great taste in dresses don't I?" Kaeya chuckled.
"Thanks, Kaeya, the dress looks great, just on time too."
You looked off in the direction of Monstadt. His hair is so silky and long.
"Don't you think I deserve a little thank you, a kiss maybe?, considering I was actually willing to find something for you?"
Kaeya sat up and came close to your face, grabbing your chin with an evil smirk.

Smug Kaeya?!

You snatched the coin Kaeya was flickering and pressed it against his lips.
"Finding a simple dress for me is not a good enough excuse to be kissing me Alberich!"
"Heheh, I'm teasing Y/N. Pulling out my last name eh? Your lips deserve much more than a little old me."
Kaeya laughed.
"Kaeya... what are you plotting this time? You've been talking to me an awful lot more than usual. Plan to throw me into a lake again or take me in a domain and lead me in the wrong direction again just like last time?! I was bullied by those hilliturals!"
"Hmm, well m-"
"Don't you think about it, you wannabe pirate!" You smacked him on the head.
"Ah! Y/N I was joking! Argh!"
"You tricked me into believing you were a real pirate when I first met you!"

Lisa's P.O.V
"Your Cavalry Captain seems quite close to my daughter I see," Mrs. L/N said as she watched Y/N and Kaeya hit each other?
"Surprisingly, Y/N gets along with Kaeya more than any of us,"
"When she was a training knight, she would work all day just to become stronger. I've never seen someone so determined. Kaeya would help her but... usually, she would end up getting hurt. *chuckles* She's now Sub-Cavalry Captain, she's come so far in just a short amount of time..."
"I know, my little girl is a strong fighter but... the real question is... are they dating?" Mrs. L/N questioned.
"Sadly not, Kaeya is not the type to be with anyone, the guys independent but~ I sense something is changing."
"Despite his flirty nature, he shows more of a true feeling towards Y/N. He's more lively when she's around. Their chemistry is just *pop"
Y/N's Mother chuckled.
"Well... I'm glad Y/N at least has a bunch of friends now, as a little girl she would be left out from the other kids of her age all because she was a little different. You might notice that Y/N is quite a timid girl under her armor, she was always afraid of rejection, neglect... simply thinking about it makes her freeze up."
"I see, I promise you Mrs. L/N, Y/N will never be left behind or neglected. She is a part of the Knights of Favonius and will forever be our friend."
"Thank you so much, Lisa, you're a great friend to my dear daughter. And please, call me M/N."